Just a wonder

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Just a wonder

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Versatile

I see some very ate up people posting political articles etc and getting very worked up about it. Are they the overall types that cannot make it in CR?

ATE UP = Die hard in their political leanings to the point it is useless to have a political conversation with them.

kordan

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

[quote=”Versatile”]I see some very ate up people posting political articles etc and getting very worked up about it. Are they the overall types that cannot make it in CR?

ATE UP = Die hard in their political leanings to the point it is useless to have a political conversation with them.[/quote]

edlreed

[quote=”kordan”]Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

How ironic these so called “patriots” are that character assassinate a president that inherited a pile of crap, all in the name of their own agendas (read pocket book). What IS it you want? You have voted in incompetents and folks whose whole agenda is making the rich richer, and talk with pride of the crumbs you have gathered following their lead. YOUR money earned thru YOUR hard work. Total advocation of watching your neighbors children suffer and die because they don’t have health care, yet not one word about the 400+ Billions allocated to the D.O.D. (not counting the currently in vogue Special Appropriations of billions for EACH of OUR wars). Again…what IS it you champion?

kordan

I champion the idea that people need to take responsiblity for their own lives and stop making decision for everyone else. I almost never went to the doctor when I was a kid- and I never see one now.
    Children arent sick in the US because they have no health car–they are sick because theu eat GMO food, dont excercise, eat processed food, drink poisoned water and live in poluted cities. Not counting vaccinations with mercury
    However, based on what I know–I wouldnt put much hope in this guy,
    After all–it cost 500 million dollars to put him in office–you didnt pay that and neither did I
    So he owes someone at least 500 million favors.

[quote=”edlreed”][quote=”kordan”]Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

How ironic these so called “patriots” are that character assassinate a president that inherited a pile of crap, all in the name of their own agendas (read pocket book). What IS it you want? You have voted in incompetents and folks whose whole agenda is making the rich richer, and talk with pride of the crumbs you have gathered following their lead. YOUR money earned thru YOUR hard work. Total advocation of watching your neighbors children suffer and die because they don’t have health care, yet not one word about the 400+ Billions allocated to the D.O.D. (not counting the currently in vogue Special Appropriations of billions for EACH of OUR wars). Again…what IS it you champion?[/quote]

edlreed

So, first line, not bad. Admirable, even. Isn’t that enough? No, of course not. All those kids are sick because its their fault. Well said. Don’t they know about agua pura? Isn’t “free enterprise” a catalyst to their other (in your words) problems? Why worry about polluting and poisoning when WE provide them jobs…sometimes. Could the dearth of Safeways, and proliferation of Big Macs in their neighborhoods have some effect?
    Kordan, I sense a sense of conscience and community struggling to get out. Could you champion that? I’m no saint, and yes, I don’t do enough. I am, however, sick and tired of castigation and character assassination as a political platform. Especially in these kind of forums. It paints a picture of the person (not the topic) that smacks of totalitarianism, and in my mind anyway, allies that person with the very things they profess to detest.
    [quote=”kordan”]I champion the idea that people need to take responsiblity for their own lives and stop making decision for everyone else. I almost never went to the doctor when I was a kid- and I never see one now.
    Children arent sick in the US because they have no health car–they are sick because theu eat GMO food, dont excercise, eat processed food, drink poisoned water and live in poluted cities. Not counting vaccinations with mercury
    However, based on what I know–I wouldnt put much hope in this guy,
    After all–it cost 500 million dollars to put him in office–you didnt pay that and neither did I
    So he owes someone at least 500 million favors.

[quote=”edlreed”][quote=”kordan”]Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

How ironic these so called “patriots” are that character assassinate a president that inherited a pile of crap, all in the name of their own agendas (read pocket book). What IS it you want? You have voted in incompetents and folks whose whole agenda is making the rich richer, and talk with pride of the crumbs you have gathered following their lead. YOUR money earned thru YOUR hard work. Total advocation of watching your neighbors children suffer and die because they don’t have health care, yet not one word about the 400+ Billions allocated to the D.O.D. (not counting the currently in vogue Special Appropriations of billions for EACH of OUR wars). Again…what IS it you champion?[/quote][/quote]

2bncr

How many here would rather have Bush back? At least the president talks about the middle class, treats other countries with respect, is intelligent and does not talk in purely political sentences. he is a politicain sure, but he has done more for our forign relations in his term than Bush did, and actually Bush pushed our relations back to the stone age. I don’t remeber Pakastan helping us before? Look things are getting better. Dis the stimulus help’ I don’t think so. But compared to Bush this guy is a dream. The best of the worst!

So tell me how many want to bring back the turd tossing Texan?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Count me out, 2bn. I’m with you.

jtd2

No man is an island!!!

Whether we like it or not…we will make a decision for someone else. If we ever made a decision for our family, our job, friends, it means we made a decision for everyone else.

And those “everyone else” will make a decision for you, me…whether we like it or not.

Yes, I believe to be responsible for my action and my own life, but I do not rule out to make a decision for everyone else and those everyone else to make decision for me else, only if necessary.

However, if we stop making decision for everyone else and everyone else stop making a decision for us 100%, then the world will halt, the human evolution will end.

The only time a person stop making decision for everyone else is when he/she is the only living creature on this planet.

Lack of common sense and lots of idiotic ideas is not the way of living the 21st century.

edlreed

[quote=”jtd2″]No man is an island!!!

Whether we like it or not…we will make a decision for someone else. If we ever made a decision for our family, our job, friends, it means we made a decision for everyone else.

And those “everyone else” will make a decision for you, me…whether we like it or not.

Yes, I believe to be responsible for my action and own life, but I do not rule out to make a decision for everyone else and those everyone else to make decision for me else if necessary.

However, if we stop making decision for everyone else and everyone else stop making a decision for us 100%, then the world will halt, the human evolution will end.

The only time a person stop making decision for everyone else is when he/she is the only living creature on this planet.

Lack of common sense and lots of idiotic ideas is the not way of living the 21st century.[/quote]
    Sounds lofty, till a moments thought is applied. Name me an individual, concept, ism, or government that is qualified to tell me (make decisions for me) how to live my life? I offer the three monotheistic religions as prime examples.

maravilla

i just don’t get why people keep skewering obama when he inherited the biggest mess there ever was and it ain’t gonna get fixed in a year, or two, or ten.

you gotta know that there is something happening behind the curtains regarding pakistan — karzai was our favorite boy, we took him from his cushy job at union oil, and gave him to the puppeteers. now he’s being a bad boy, uh-oh, watch out. we don’t like that. somewhere in the hindukush a case officer is plotting and scheming. it will get curiouser and curiouser as time goes on.

and no, i don’t want the bumbler back!!! i got better grades in college than he did!!

kordan

UM–because he gave a BLANK CHECK TO THE CORRUPT BANKS THAT CAUSED THE CRISIS
    That the owners of the coutnry–the federal researve wont even tell congress where 2 trillion dollars went
    [youtube][/youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyl8c91qPbw
    And, while the country is broke, losing tax revenuse and even resorting to giving tickets for anything just to pay the bills-

-he passes a corrupt trillion dollar health plan
    -sends more troops to afghanistan–breaks all his campaign promises (yes all)
    and if you dont believe me–just go to YouTube and watch
    THE OBAMA DECEPTION–its all the footage of him running for office and the reality afterward

Come On–this ENTIRE question is silly–its like asking would you prefer syphilis or genital warts

v=kyl8c91qPbw[quote=”maravilla”]i just don’t get why people keep skewering obama when he inherited the biggest mess there ever was and it ain’t gonna get fixed in a year, or two, or ten.

maravilla

they ALL lie. it’s part of the job description. i seem to remember Daddy Bush making some ridiculous statement about “Read My Lips” — NO NEW TAXES — ahhhhh, and what did we get?

it would be one thing if the guys we put in office were actually the ones in charge, but they aren’t. expecting them not to break promises is a little naive.

Johnhw2

[quote=”maravilla”]they ALL lie. it’s part of the job description. i seem to remember Daddy Bush making some ridiculous statement about “Read My Lips” — NO NEW TAXES — ahhhhh, and what did we get?

it would be one thing if the guys we put in office were actually the ones in charge, but they aren’t. expecting them not to break promises is a little naive.[/quote]

The federal government is too big to be effective and the whole system will soon collapse under its own weight. We need less federal government, then the states could decide whether to go hard left progressive or hard right conservative. That way when mistakes are made as they are regularly in government, only one state would suffer not the entire country. Also, if one wants a conservative place to live there is one, if one wants a progressive state to live in, there is one of those too.

I am jaded by politicians, especially at the federal level. They are just too far away and too caught up in the inside the beltway thinking to remain true to what they were before and what they promised to get there.

2bncr

Kordan,

If Bush is sphyilis, I’ll take genital warts any day, even on my tounge!

I love the idea of local goverment. Then the thives gotta look you in the eye as they pass by. No faceless victims. Why do Gringos want to grow goverment anyway? Look at how willing they are to cooperate with the Tico government. Amazes me. They want to repaeat their mistakes here. Must be the indoctrination.

The Repugnants are yelling stop spending – they are the fricking hypocritcs that spent the crap out of our money! Know they are calling the pot black! Woe to the downpresser Bush. He will burn in Hell if any one does. Stupid is a stupid does and Bush did stupid real well (not to mention arrogant). I whish Texas would have left the Union when they tried and taken all their loser inbred politicians with with them. What do they say about Texans – when a plane load lands in CR they only have to fill out one customs form!

Johnhw2

You mean I didnt have to fill out one for my wife last trip too? Dang

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.