If you HAVENT seen it, THIS is why the US. is in serious trouble –

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum If you HAVENT seen it, THIS is why the US. is in serious trouble –

• This topic has 1 reply, 9 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Vmc.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Vmc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg

This idiot actually BELIEVES what he is asking…….

Enjoy.

paumatom

In the spirit that Guam occupies space, in the same ocean, where I usually occupy space while in Costa Rica I will reply.

First of all Rep. Johnson claims he was making a little joke. His quote:

“The subtle humour of this obviously metaphorical reference to a ship capsizing illustrated my concern about the impact of the planned military build-up on this small tropical island,” he said.

As an aside, Admiral Willard ( the other player in the video ) attended my high school and was good friends with one of my younger brothers. He also was involved with the Top Gun school at Miramar NAS and did much of the flying in the movie “Top Gun”. I know that’s not relevant but what the hell, most of what one reads and hears these days, lacks a certain amount of relevancy.

If you chose to believe Rep. Johnson thinks Guam will tip over go for it. I hesitate to open the following can of worms, but again, what the hell. There are any number of current members in the House and Senate who believe the Earth is 6,000 years old and the End of Times is rapidly approaching, with a final battle scheduled for the area currently known as the Middle East. (Maybe they can get Jerry Bruckheimer to produce, I’m sure it would be a hit.) On a state level, the Texas Board of Education just voted to remove Thomas Jefferson from the curriculum in a world history section of great political thinkers. Evidently Jefferson was lacking the right kind of enlightenment.

Now, truly, I don’t care what people chose to believe, but I do expect elected officials to act in the national interest of our country. So relating to our country being in trouble, let me ask the following. Do you think, say something like our Mideast policy, might be endangered by having the line between national interest and personal belief blurred? Would that qualify as trouble?

Ronny

I hardly read this forum anymore because I have no interest in US politics and have to continually read posts that have absolutely nothing to do with Costa Rica.
    Just my opinion but isn’t there a US politics forum out there that is more appropriate?

soldier

Whether we like it or not, these two brain cell Washington idiots still effect our lives; even in Costa Rica. This is just another example of why some of us are leaving the U.S. For those who believe U.S. politics does not effect expats living in Costa Rica, the next person you bump into on the streets of Costa Rica; may be an IRS or CIA agent. The marines in Guam will assure that it does not tip over! My response to this Washington idiot, would have been, not a problem; because the earth is flat!

Ronny

Has it ever occured to you that not everyone that reads or participates on this forum is from the US?
    Maybe it should be renamed so that it isn’t misleading.
    WeLoveCostaRica…don’t forget to pack your guns when you come down y’all.com 🙄

Vmc

[quote=”paumatom”]In the spirit that Guam occupies space, in the same ocean, where I usually occupy space while in Costa Rica I will reply.

First of all Rep. Johnson claims he was making a little joke. His quote:

[b]”The subtle humour of this obviously metaphorical reference to a ship capsizing illustrated my concern about the impact of the planned military build-up on this small tropical island,” he said.[/b]

As an aside, Admiral Willard ( the other player in the video ) attended my high school and was good friends with one of my younger brothers. He also was involved with the Top Gun school at Miramar NAS and did much of the flying in the movie “Top Gun”. I know that’s not relevant but what the hell, most of what one reads and hears these days, lacks a certain amount of relevancy.

If you chose to believe Rep. Johnson thinks Guam will tip over go for it. I hesitate to open the following can of worms, but again, what the hell. There are any number of current members in the House and Senate who believe the Earth is 6,000 years old and the End of Times is rapidly approaching, with a final battle scheduled for the area currently known as the Middle East. (Maybe they can get Jerry Bruckheimer to produce, I’m sure it would be a hit.) On a state level, the Texas Board of Education just voted to remove Thomas Jefferson from the curriculum in a world history section of great political thinkers. Evidently Jefferson was lacking the right kind of enlightenment.

Now, truly, I don’t care what people chose to believe, but I do expect elected officials to act in the national interest of our country. So relating to our country being in trouble, let me ask the following. Do you think, say something like our Mideast policy, might be endangered by having the line between national interest and personal belief blurred? Would that qualify as trouble?[/quote]

His self-rebuttal – A carefully prepared statement by his HANDLERS , not he, in order to control damage…It was TOO LUCID compared to his original rambling….He meant what he was asking, his body language telegraphs what his “THOUGHT” was, and this was no joke…..

“TROUBLE” is when we have policy makers so OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY, and so blatantly ignorant (Or insane) that they make these kinds of statements and nobody comes after them with a butterfly net……THESE exact people are why things like “Obamacare” passed in the first place…Salt the house with idiots and you can do what you want with impunity.

Just like the Idiocrats who think the Earth is 6000 years old……we have the Lunatics running the Asylum.

Quote:[i]Thomas Jefferson from the curriculum in a world history section of great political thinkers. Evidently Jefferson was lacking the right kind of [b]enlightenment[/b].[/i]

EXACTLY……….”Enlightenment” may soon be followed by an old Communist practice – “Re-education”

Make of it what you will, and YES there may have been a “Political” section for this to go in to, but not everyone wants to venture into those sections because of the bickering and in-fighting, I posted it here because I felt it was of SOCIAL importance as much as Political…PEOPLE NEED to see this…..American or not, this incident and THESE people are is going to affect the entire planet…..is THIS the kind of person you want “Dictating” to you, how to live?

…That was my point. I didn’t want to foster an argument, just point out someone dangerous.

I hope everyone enjoys it for what it is.

Vmc

…But paumatom, you’re right..this IS a Costa Rica Forum, and a bloody good one.

It WOULD be more fun if we focused on the absolute Paradise that is Costa Rica, so I won’t post anymore political stuff unless it pertains directly to Costa Rica, and the intricacies of making a life there.

It’s tough not to share some of the absolute foibles perpetrated by a declining civilization….. THIS was just too good NOT to share, because this moron was completely serious….

……Do we perhaps need to send Costa Rican aid to Guam? Maybe we can buy up a bunch of surplus life jackets or something…what say you guys?

LOL.

Pura Vida!

And feel free to ignore this thread at your leisure…..I’m sure it’s beautiful outside!

maravilla

first of all, there is absolutely no such thing as absolute paradise. you’ll find that out when you get here.

i still haven’t decided whether guam tipping over was a serious statement or not. the damn island is anchored to the ocean floor, and one explanation for his silly remark was that he is suffering from Hep C and maybe his condition/meds affected his thinking. as for re-education — that’s been going on for decades thanks to institutions like the Tavistock Foundation and the Committee of 300, oh, and Edward Bernays.

paumatom

I’ve been reading this forum for about as long as it has been in existence. I do recognize this forum is about Costa Rica and the vast, vast ,vast majority of the time I read it to simply try and assimilate information for future use. I’ve posted what? 38 times in in about 9 years, I’m usually pretty true to my purpose. The first sentence of my post was a little joke about my feelings regarding how the original post tied to Costa Rica

I’ve been visiting Costa Rica for over 10 yrs. I am aware it not paradise, or an extension of the US populated solely by US expats. All that being said should I have taken a bye regarding a reply to the original post, yeah probably.

None of this is any big deal and I said what I had to say. Would it be best if this this board was all Costa Rica all the time? I guess, but things don’t always work out as intended 100% of the time. Sometimes one just can’t resist making a comment.

Vmc

[quote=”paumatom”]I’ve been reading this forum for about as long as it has been in existence. I do recognize this forum is about Costa Rica and the vast, vast ,vast majority of the time I read it to simply try and assimilate information for future use. I’ve posted what? 38 times in in about 9 years, I’m usually pretty true to my purpose. The first sentence of my post was a little joke about my feelings regarding how the original post tied to Costa Rica

I’ve been visiting Costa Rica for over 10 yrs. I am aware it not paradise, or an extension of the US populated solely by US expats. All that being said should I have taken a bye regarding a reply to the original post, yeah probably.

None of this is any big deal and I said what I had to say. Would it be best if this this board was all Costa Rica all the time? I guess, but things don’t always work out as intended 100% of the time. Sometimes one just can’t resist making a comment.[/quote]

I SINCERELY hope that my response didn’t come across as sarcastic, I didn’t mean it that way, I MEANT what I said, and I hope you all enjoy your day.

Further however, as a matter of clarification, my “Absolute Paradise” reference was a rhetorical one, as I know nothing is perfect or absolute, but by comparison, it can be a Paradise in ones mind.

Enjoy your day!

Dan.

soldier

Lets all take a deep breath! Pura Vida. I find this site very informative in regard to Costa Rica matters, and, other world issues. The non-Costa Rica information and issues presented by members, may not effect you directly; however, they may still effect family members and friends still residing in the U.S. Knowledge is power, I for one enjoy a diversity of subjects on this site. There are several other sites strictly pertaining to Costa Rica, However, there are no forum options.

postalx

[quote=”maravilla”]first of all, there is absolutely no such thing as absolute paradise. you’ll find that out when you get here.

i still haven’t decided whether guam tipping over was a serious statement or not. the damn island is anchored to the ocean floor, and one explanation for his silly remark was that he is suffering from Hep C and maybe his condition/meds affected his thinking. as for re-education — that’s been going on for decades thanks to institutions like the Tavistock Foundation and the Committee of 300, oh, and Edward Bernays.[/quote]

Why is it, I wonder, that these folks, whether by illness, age or incapacitation (R. Byrd, T. Kennedy etc…)refuse to step aside. This man is utterly incapable of fulfilling his duties, but continues to pontificate like he actually knows something.

Is good help really that hard to find?

maravilla

they have very cushy jobs with great benefits, and you can’t just fire them. they’ll hang on as long as they can.

waggoner41

[quote=”ronny”]I hardly read this forum anymore because I have no interest in US politics and have to continually read posts that have absolutely nothing to do with Costa Rica.
    Just my opinion but isn’t there a US politics forum out there that is more appropriate?[/quote]
    The efffect of political decisions since 2000 should make anyone aware that what happens in the US affects us all. To cast a blind eye toward the US is to be unprepared.

waggoner41

Forget that this guy is a Democrat.
    He is only an indication of what we are electing to make decisions for our welfare. If examined closely we would find that our Congressmen and women have very little knowledge of history geography, economics or the effect of their decisons.
    [b][size=200]WAKE UP AMERICA.[/size][/b]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.