I am Glad I live in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum I am Glad I live in Costa Rica

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    davidd

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”davidd”]
    no offense
    [/quote]
    I always get a kick out of people who say something deliberately meant to be offensive and then tack on “No offense” at the end as if that removes the offensiveness. Kind of like a reverse “Simon Says” LOL[/quote]

Sweikert

Honestly I am just speaking in general terms and do NOT mean to be offensive.

As I get older I really try and speak my mind without any political correctness that is associated in todays speaking environment.

I myself respect people that speak frankly

in general terms I am saying the influx of foreigners have indeed caused many changes here

and I don’t mean individuals but more companies and the consumerism that the U.S. is so famous for.

anyway.. thats part of progress and it may be time to look elsewhere.

Kwhite1

[quote=”davidd”]Kwhite

my man- you are a swashbuckler at heart and I admire that ๐Ÿ™‚

good to see your experimenting different areas. I don’t like Belize. too poor and VERY Corrupt. so its alot tougher to blend in thier especially if your a foreigner.

John mcafee http://www.whoismcafee.com/ had his exploits there

I have friends that bought into the dream and cannot sell their house there.

Your right about costa rica and prices are rising quickly here.

I mean look at this house. I know the area well.

http://costarica.es.craigslist.org/fod/3719103981.html

its not bad BUT $325000??? please

your smart to explore other areas..

take a look at Equador

and let me now when you are here in costa rica and we can meet up for lunch

[quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”davidd”][quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”davidd”]I am glad to hear that things are picking up for the windy city

this is good so people will just stay put and stay in chicago because they see the light in the horizon. [/quote]

So you’re disinviting me to Costa Rica?[/quote]

no not at all.. I could care less what you do :wink::wink:

but in all honesty being the selfish bastard that I am I just wish no more Americans come here that is all.

no offense

we have Blackhawk helicoptors flying all over the place this week. we have Gmen prepping the area

they scout out the hotels and check the guest registries for names and passports numbers

I have friends that own hotels in san jose

American Taxpayers money being spent and all this security

for what exactly?? peace and goodwill towards men??

[b]could have saved the trip and had a video conference[/b]

:D:D

EDIT: boy can things change rapidly

http://rt.com/usa/chicago-killed-shooting-crime-695/%5B/quote%5D

Damn Davidd…that was cold…haha!

Well, you’ll have 1 less in CR now, I have commited to starting out in Belize, although I will be making trips to CR, I promised my daughter that I would teach her to surf and Belize does not have much surf unless you go out as a hurricane is bearing down on you!

I am spending the summer in Belize and moving full time after the 1st of the year. CR is a bit expensive for my taste, I moved all over Florida to get away from the “keeping up with the Jones attitude” that is so prevelant here, I ran out of places to run to, that combined with everything else that is going on here…I’m out.

David M, don’t worry, Belize will let me have some of my bang bang toys!![/quote][/quote]

I like the term swashbuckler..has a nice ring to it.

belize has had it’s issues no doubt, several things that make it appealing, the government is small and really clueless (and we ALL know how much I like gubment), to me that is a positive, stay out of my way and life, things run a whole lot smoother. Two, not too many expats there (yet), and the area I am going to is San Ignacio, a long way away from the resort towns like Ambergris, Plancencia, Corozol, Caye Caulter. Belize being poor is kinda a plus in my mind, people just kinda do thier own thing there, not worried about a fancy house or fancy car, just kinda exist.

With my personality, I think I could really blaze a trail there in some sort of business, I already have some things in the works, building an expat community/development, a freshwater shrimp farm (getting seafood that far away from the cost is very cost prohibative), Talapia farm? There are tons of opportunities there, not one franchised store, no Starbucks, Buger King, Mc D, KFC, Wal mart, Home Depot, nothing! I bet a Dunkin Donuts would kill there!

costaricafinca
    Participant

Do you really think that you are the first ex-pat to have ‘development ideas’ there? Thank goodness you are headed for Belize, then.

Kwhite1

[quote=”costaricafinca”]Do you really think that you are the first ex-pat to have ‘development ideas’ there? Thank goodness you are headed for Belize, then.[/quote]

I know I am far from the first expat to “develop ideas” there. Just the best one…..

Signed the Swashbuckler

davidd

[quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”costaricafinca”]Do you really think that you are the first ex-pat to have ‘development ideas’ there? Thank goodness you are headed for Belize, then.[/quote]

I know I am far from the first expat to “develop ideas” there. Just the best one…..

Signed the Swashbuckler[/quote]

Hey Swashbuckler ๐Ÿ™‚

pay no mind to costaricafinca

if you have $$ as far as cushion to deal with the mistakes that come up.. you will adapt and learn and eventually profit. good for you

the biggest hindrance government-taxes-corruption

I owned a few brick and mortar business here in costa rica and they make it so hard to do business here

unless of course if your walmart ๐Ÿ˜€

I sold everything and will never hire a person ever again.. except outsourcing to the Philippines which i do

if I can make an opinion

don’t open any type of brick and mortar business

only internet related so that no one knows what you do.

living outside the U.S. is the best education one can give to thier kids

good for you my friend

saludos

David

Kwhite1

[quote=”davidd”][quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”costaricafinca”]Do you really think that you are the first ex-pat to have ‘development ideas’ there? Thank goodness you are headed for Belize, then.[/quote]

Hey Swashbuckler ๐Ÿ™‚

pay no mind to costaricafinca

if you have $$ as far as cushion to deal with the mistakes that come up.. you will adapt and learn and eventually profit. good for you

the biggest hindrance government-taxes-corruption

I owned a few brick and mortar business here in costa rica and they make it so hard to do business here

unless of course if your walmart ๐Ÿ˜€

I sold everything and will never hire a person ever again.. except outsourcing to the Philippines which i do

if I can make an opinion

don’t open any type of brick and mortar business

only internet related so that no one knows what you do.

living outside the U.S. is the best education one can give to thier kids

good for you my friend

saludos

David

Aww hell, it takes a whole lot more than a silly comment to piss me off. I agree about the brick and motar storefront, tough row to hoe….have fun with Obama down there, wave at the black helos for me!

[/quote]

Doug Ward

Just a reminder. Barry is in his “backyard” today so the nimrods that run the “banks” shut down in SJ for the photo-op. Those of you expecting an SS or retirement won’t be getting it until Monday.
    I just wish that Russian asteroid would have landed on Crapitol Hell.

Kwhite1

[quote=”Doug Ward”]Just a reminder. Barry is in his “backyard” today so the nimrods that run the “banks” shut down in SJ for the photo-op. Those of you expecting an SS or retirement won’t be getting it until Monday.
    I just wish that Russian asteroid would have landed on Crapitol Hell.[/quote]

Crapitol Hill….LOL…good one! Rep and Dem both suck, I agree totaly!

Kwhite1

[quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”Doug Ward”]Just a reminder. Barry is in his “backyard” today so the nimrods that run the “banks” shut down in SJ for the photo-op. Those of you expecting an SS or retirement won’t be getting it until Monday.

Crapitol Hill….LOL…good one! Rep and Dem both suck, I agree totaly![/quote]

I just saw Obama told Mexico that the violence was to be blamed on the US for manufacturing firearms. I am sure he followed up with a big fat check to Mexico to compensate them. Maybe someone in CR could benefit from Obama, he has an open check book from the taxpayers. The Dow hit over $15k today, all is good!

Doug Ward

[quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”Doug Ward”]Just a reminder. Barry is in his “backyard” today so the nimrods that run the “banks” shut down in SJ for the photo-op. Those of you expecting an SS or retirement won’t be getting it until Monday.

Crapitol Hill….LOL…good one! Rep and Dem both suck, I agree totaly![/quote]

I just saw Obama told Mexico that the violence was to be blamed on the US for manufacturing firearms. I am sure he followed up with a big fat check to Mexico to compensate them. Maybe someone in CR could benefit from Obama, he has an open check book from the taxpayers. The Dow hit over $15k today, all is good![/quote] Brazil, Ausria and Turkey curentky build better arms/at a better price.
    They need to get some FreeDumb(bomb into stone age)

jmcbuilder
    Participant

[quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”costaricafinca”]Do you really think that you are the first ex-pat to have ‘development ideas’ there? Thank goodness you are headed for Belize, then.[/quote]

Hey swashbuckler, To give some credibility you need a record. One of my friends from Florida is a convicted pirate. When he was a kid, he jumped on some guy’s boat and drank all his booze.hahaha

Don’t give up on Costa Rica. It’s still the best I’ve seen.

Kwhite1

[quote=”jmcbuilder”][quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”costaricafinca”]Do you really think that you are the first ex-pat to have ‘development ideas’ there? Thank goodness you are headed for Belize, then.[/quote]

Hey swashbuckler, To give some credibility you need a record. One of my friends from Florida is a convicted pirate. When he was a kid, he jumped on some guy’s boat and drank all his booze.hahaha

Don’t give up on Costa Rica. It’s still the best I’ve seen.[/quote]

I once got drunk while fishing, AND got a ticket for speeding through a mantee zone. I think that counts as a swashbucler move! Ohh no, I think the black helos and urban assult vehicles are closing in….swashbuckler out…

davidd

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”kwhite1″]Coming to a computer near you……..INTERNET TAX. Just saw this one and heard it on the radio thing.[/quote]

And god knows everything you hear on the radio must be true, just like everything you read on the internet is. :wink:[/quote]

Sweikert

that is great news my friend.. so that means your staying ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.