Home Security Alarms

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Home Security Alarms

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    koty

[quote=”sueandchris”]Along this line….how many of you have suffered “significant” robberies? By that I mean actual break-ins where significant theft occurred? (I know that is a relative question.) We have heard stories of tools being stolen from sheds, and the proverbial small appliance theft. But I guess I wonder if any Forum members have had “whole house cleanouts”….thanks![/quote]Yes, living in Costa Rica one summer, there were several rental houses that got completely cleaned out, from the appliances to the doors…. very scary as there was no real consequence. “Barney Fife” did not have enough gas in his motorcycle to chase the criminals but they called in some “district” policia and caught the guys. The thieves spent a little time in jail and then were back to do it again soon later. Not uncommon.
    By the way, it happens in Florida too in communities with snow bird populations. You can not leave a rental empty. If you leave, build a bodega and put all of your important things in there. Better, yet, live simply…..

wspeed1195

I was staying at A friends home,with alot of posessions in it in Jaco sol,right next to the local drug dealer.while I was there,my brother and I,my brother is beyond fluent in spanish,we dealt with the ADT folks in Jaco.from the office to the officer that went around to do A monthly check.they came out,asked us how it was going,etc.
    the guys they had then were the furthest from barney fife.you could tell they were greased when it came to their weapon.
    I can’t speak for anywhere else.

jtd2

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]jtd2, have you ever actually seen or met ADT’s armed response team? A neighbor was told this same thing by the ADT guy in Grecia but when he asked to go meet the team it turned out that there really wasn’t one.[/quote]

David, No, I never seen ADT armed response team. To my knowledge, any alarm company response support are suppose to call the homeowner’s contact number in case of burglary or when the alarm went off first. If someone answered the phone and can’t answers the security questions asked by alarm company response team or nobody’s answering the phone… then they call the police to check???

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.