Help! Shopping for Furniture & Accessories

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Help! Shopping for Furniture & Accessories

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Imxploring
    Participant

That’s a good point… I had one problem with a piece I had made… it was 4 inches too big. It was a small dressing table with a mirror that had a perfect place for in my daughter’s room. But the spot was limited by a doorway and a closet. I noticed it looked a bit large when I went to pick it up and sure enough… 4 inches too big… but no problem. They made another and had it ready for our next visit. They just took the sold sign off the incorrect one and it was gone when I next visited.

gkbiz… I’ll go through my records and get the name of the place I dealt with. I think they have two rather large stores in Sarchi. Both with nice sized showrooms that will either offer you something you’ll like or at least give you some ideas for things you can have them (or someone else) build.

Costa… thanks for the excellent info on the auto importing!!!

gkbiz

No plans yet for storage. When I read some of the other stuff about robberies in CR, maybe the storage place will be cleaned out on my return?? (many a truth is said in jest)
    Any suggestions for storage? My wife suggested your place. Ha Ha! or in Spanish Ja Ja!
    The 4 Runner is a 2002.Will need help to fill in site you recommended for values

Edited on Jan 25, 2009 15:27

costaricafinca
    Participant

Imxploring, while we had no problems actually importing a vehicle last Dec. and would highly recommend the broker, there was more time involved/expense than we realized!
    So, be aware, if you ship here, be like the Boy Scouts and ‘Be prepared’!

Gkbiz, in the case of storage or rather no storage, it would be a waste of time to shop in February. Sure, do some window shopping, but there isn’t much use in contacting people who are trying to sell ‘quality used furniture from an upscale residence/condo being sold or repossessed’ if you can’t take it with you.

gkbiz, Thank you for the valuable info -greatly appreciated! pm

Construction Inspections are recommended on WLCR and by satisfied Costa Developer clients. Periodic inspections of the construction in progress will insure that your dwelling will be completed up to the specifications you have contracted for. I have been building and inspecting housing in Costa Rica for over 15 years and I provide periodic construction in progress inspections for folks who are not construction oriented or those not able to be on-site during the process. There will be no way for your builder to cut corners with my periodic inspections. I review the building contract and specifications to insure that all specified materials are being installed in the correct locations and according to the time table and then administer the needed hours to inspect and take photos of the work in progress. Then I organize the photos into a report so you will have a pictorial history of your constructions progress. You can view a Construction Progress Inspection Report for a Costa Developer home at, http://groups.google.com/group/housing–property-inspections/web/construction-progress-inspection-report. If you’re a VIP member of WLCR, you can read this article which describes the inspection process.
    https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/1877.cfm

Edited on Jan 29, 2009 06:02

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.