Help Furniture Needed

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Help Furniture Needed

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    rf2cr
    Participant

Bibi – what is batting called in spanish?

Bibi
    Participant

[quote=”rf2cr”]Bibi – what is batting called in spanish?[/quote]

I don’t remember what they called it. I think it was one of those situations where I pointed, smiled and told how many meters I wanted.
    A quilt is called “una colcha” or “un edredón”, so explaining that you need “relleno ó empaste para una colcha” should get you in the right direction.
    I have seen it in fabric stores in Nicoya and Sta. Cruz.
    Good hunt! 🙂

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Cotton batting — [i]bateo del algodón[/i]

Bibi
    Participant

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Cotton batting — [i]bateo del algodón[/i][/quote]
    Thanks, except I have not seen cotton batting, only the synthetic kind. Maybe it is just called “bateo”.
    If I find out what they call it next time I go to Nicoya, I will post it.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

synthetic batting — [i]bateo sintetizado[/i]

clima

[quote=”rf2cr”][quote=”ocotalito”]Did anybody try furniture from “Do It” center?[/quote]
    Check their prices and quality against La Artistica and you will see why the answer is probably NO.[/quote]

We only bought some outdoor chairs, beach chairs and a coffee
    table and 2 end tables. Thr prices were reasonable. The
    tables are OK, nothing special, just average in terms of qualit and design. It is difficult to compare, as similar furnishings in Canada are very inexpensive. Really Good quality furnishings are not out of the reach of the average
    individual.

sueandchris

Does anyone have experience with cabinet makers in the Palmares area? I know that in a previous thread, a good cabinet maker was discussed in Sarchi, but I am wondering about Palmares. If so, do you have the contact info??

hunter

I highly recommend seeing Adrian at the La Artistica in Rohrmorcer in San Jose. We bought lots of furniture very reasonable and a good selection.

There is a place in Sardinal called HOME FURNISHINGS…Right on the corner where you turn to go to the Congo Trail and the resort RUI…They are always running discounts there…A good friend of mine Bill owns it..See him or Evelyn..Tell them Roseanna sent you..

Good Luck

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”roseannaboyer”]There is a place in Sardinal called HOME FURNISHINGS…Right on the corner where you turn to go to the Congo Trail and the resort RUI…They are always running discounts there…A good friend of mine Bill owns it..See him or Evelyn..Tell them Roseanna sent you..

Good Luck[/quote]

We stopped in HOME FURNISHINGS one day while out looking for funiture throughout Guanacaste. they are very nice folks and very helpful, but we were very disappointed with their selection and definately found their prices to be “Gold Coast”. Most of the furniture we have purchased in CR has been at Tamarindo Pacific and Artistica, and we found the selection and pricing at their stores to be better. Having said that, I am sure the helpful folks at HOME FURNISHINGS can order just about anything you need (if you know what it is that you want) and maybe we weren’t there on a “discount day”.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.