Help Furniture Needed

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Help Furniture Needed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    clima

Anyone with suggestions on where to look for furniture of decent quality for 2 bed unit on CoCo area, or Liberia and surrounding area. Cannot afford the arm and leg of the designer shop in CoCo (Robb & Stucky). Willing to travel up
    to 2-3 hours from CoCo area. SJ too far. Any help would be
    appreciated. Already spent 10 days looking at the same stuff
    in several stores – all the same shops – Monge

gkbiz

Try:CraigsList in CR: costarica.en.craigslist.org
    State what you are looking for in Furniture and Household sections and how far you will travel. Buyer Beware (about prices), however, some great furniture can be had especially from people leaving Costa Rica.Be aware of dealers who are reselling and posing as private people.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Head into ‘town’. Try Alyss the department store, and Artistica downtown has the best prices.

CALADANA
    Participant

We’ve had good luck with Riviera Home Center (Jaco) and for designer items, some that occasionally go on sale, Tamarindo Pacific (Santa Ana).

The folks at Pacific Home Furnishings seem to have a nice selection, but we’ve not purchased from them….

Buena suerte!

Coleman

rf2cr
    Participant

[quote=”clima”]Anyone with suggestions on where to look for furniture of decent quality for 2 bed unit on CoCo area, or Liberia and surrounding area. Cannot afford the arm and leg of the designer shop in CoCo (Robb & Stucky). Willing to travel up
    to 2-3 hours from CoCo area. SJ too far. Any help would be
    appreciated. Already spent 10 days looking at the same stuff
    in several stores – all the same shops – Monge[/quote]

Try Artistica, Zen or Habitat in the Solarium center across from the Liberia airport on the road to Playa de Coco.

PuraVidas

Monge furniture is crap and overpriced. You’ll be lucky if a sofa lasts more than 2 years. Do whatever you can to avoid buying just about anything from them unless they have a big sale. Take a road trip to Sarchi and pay for delivery.

costaricabill
    Participant

Pacific Home Furnishings is a place and a website to avoid! All they are doing is clipping pictures and info from other retailers websites, putting it on their website and marking it up substantially! We have seen pictures on their website from the Piscina Acuarium store 5kms down the road at 50% more than available at Acuarium. I was told that the owners of Tamarindo Pacific called them and demanded that the pictures taken in the Tamarindo Pacific showroom be removed! If you see something on the Pacific Home Furnishings website, shop around and you will see the original items in someone else’s showroom for much less!

ocotalito

Did anybody try furniture from “Do It” center?

gleis

We just bought a dining room with 6 chairs and couch and love seat, all made of the fabric we chose, in Palamars, on the Pan American Highway it was delievered to use in Tilaran, and we think the price was great.

GreciaBound

Please share the contact info for the supplier you had good luck with? I have heard good about Palmares craftsmanship, and this would be very useful to hear about real experience.

gleis

“GraciaBound”
    I don’t know if this site will let me tell you the name of the furniture place but I will try. It’s Muebles Mucaru phone 2451-01-18 I used Rolando great prices custom made takes two weeks and delvery to you. Nice Guanacaste wood just tell them how you want it, what color stain or natural they of finis, material lots of samples. They also have books to look at if you can’t find what you want.

maravilla

palmares is the best kept secret for furniture. a lot of stuff in sarchi is made there. the big fabric warehouses are also in palmares — and they have all kinds of beautiful upholstery and drapery fabrics imported from brazil. there are a lot of little furniture-making tallers in palmares, just off the main street. just drive around and have a look.

johnr

You can also try Magda at Concierge. She sometimes has “extra stuff” around. I believe their offices are now in Hermosa.

rf2cr
    Participant

[quote=”ocotalito”]Did anybody try furniture from “Do It” center?[/quote]
    Check their prices and quality against La Artistica and you will see why the answer is probably NO.

Bibi
    Participant

WE have had ALL furniture for 6 apartments in Nosara made by local carpenters and got exactly what we wanted at very reasonable cost. It takes more time, of course, than going to a store, but the benefits outweigh that. It is such a pleasure working with the craftsmen, because they love to work with the wood.
    Some of the pieces we designed, others we copied from things we already owned in the US and liked for their looks and comfort. There are basic rules for measurements for tables and chairs that will fit most people.
    We brought detailed drawings and photos to the carpenters and could choose the wood and finish. I happen to know how to make cushions, but I know of others who have had them made, with their chosen fabric, at fair cost. You can get all kinds of foam at the hardware store, and the fabric stores carry quilt batting that will give a little more “fluff” to the core of foam.
    Just an alternative, if you are not keen on what is available in stores, or their prices.
    Good luck.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.