Hacienda Matapalo

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Hacienda Matapalo

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    sstarkey

[quote=”GreciaBound”]Yeah, these guys apparently have a professional sales call center, and I got a call the other day from them. The guy insisted that I made an online inquiry and he was following up to sell me. Well, I told him that I did not inquire, but he then said he had my email address, which he recanted correctly. Now I am not losing my memory yet, since I have a policy of not responding or giving personal information to internet CR real estate ads, but I am concerned about the data mining that is going on. Sometimes I peruse a CR real estate site or two out of simple curiosity, and apparently these guys figured out a way to scrape my email address? Hmmmmmmm. Anyone else have an experience like this from these guys?[/quote]

I have recently received numerous marketing emails from Hacienda Matapalo, amongst other questionable ‘hot’ C.R. developments. I send them all straight to my ‘junk’ bin. I’m pretty picky about divulging contact info although it’s hard to be totally anonymous when you’re legitimately trying to get information about R.E. through surfing listings and asking questions of vendors. It’s annoying to get on these ‘spam lists’, but a trade-off, I guess. Not sure how to avoid it – tips are welcome!

Andrew
    Keymaster

All the call centers generate leads and sell them to each other no matter what lies they have in their “privacy policy”.

Believe it or not, one of the most expensive lead lists is the “Sucker list” which is a list of people who have already been ripped off and who – believe it or not – are the easiest to rip off yet again…

I would like to assure you that I (WeLoveCostaRica.com) does NOT sell it’s lists – and never has – to anyone…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

jimkrica

My wife and I have been looking into this project and even though we get a ton of publicity when we visited the area everyone told us that they have yet to begin construction, has anyone actually seen anything?

The most recent article we saw at http://www.benzinga.com/press-releases/11/06/p1173421/million-dollar-agent-josh-flagg-to-host-four-day-dance-party-in-costa- says that Hacienda Matapalo has “they have five-star amenities within their community”

We’ve searched this site and see this thread started in 2008 so what sort of progress has been made in the last three years? Anybody seen it? How many homes exactly have they built to date?

Has anyone seen any bricks and mortar?

Would be grateful for your feedback.

Andrew
    Keymaster

The correct URL appears to be [ http://www.benzinga.com/press-releases/11/06/p1173421/million-dollar-agent-josh-flagg-to-host-four-day-dance-party-in-costa- ]

According to this Press Release, at the ripe old age of 26 Josh Flag is a “world renowned” author and the star of a “reality” show and he “can’t wait to visit Costa Rica” to attend the “four-day dance party” sponsored by Hacienda Matapalo.

Four hours would be too boring for me but hey! Different horses for different courses, right?

Although he has yet to visit Costa Rica, Mr. Flagg refers to Hacienda Matapalo and “the fact that they have five-star amenities within their community…”

I may be mistaken but it’s my understanding that Hacienda Matapalo has not yet begun building anything never mind offering “five-star amenities” but if someone has photographs showing these five-star amenities, please do email them to me…

All the people I know on the ground in the area tell me the same thing – that nothing has happened yet – so it seems to me a bit of a stretch to say that “…they have five-star amenities within their community…”

Perhaps they might be more correct to say that they are planning to have “five-star amenities within their community…” They were probably planning that back in 2008 too…

Scott Oliver. Author of: 1. Costa Rica Real Estate Scams, 2. How To Avoid Them, How To Buy Costa Rica Real Estate Without Losing Your Camisa, 3. Costa Rica’s Guide To Making Money Offshore in Bull & Bear Markets and 4. ¿Cómo Comprar Bienes Raices en Costa Rica, Sin Perder Su Camisa?

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”Scott”]The correct URL appears to be [ http://www.benzinga.com/press-releases/11/06/p1173421/million-dollar-agent-josh-flagg-to-host-four-day-dance-party-in-costa- ]

According to this Press Release, at the ripe old age of 26 Josh Flag is a “world renowned” author and the star of a “reality” show and he “can’t wait to visit Costa Rica” to attend the “four-day dance party” sponsored by Hacienda Matapalo.

Four hours would be too boring for me but hey! Different horses for different courses, right?

Although he has yet to visit Costa Rica, Mr. Flagg refers to Hacienda Matapalo and “the fact that they have five-star amenities within their community…”

I may be mistaken but it’s my understanding that Hacienda Matapalo has not yet begun building anything never mind offering “five-star amenities” but if someone has photographs showing these five-star amenities, please do email them to me…

All the people I know on the ground in the area tell me the same thing – that nothing has happened yet – so it seems to me a bit of a stretch to say that “…they have five-star amenities within their community…”

Perhaps they might be more correct to say that they are planning to have “five-star amenities within their community…” They were probably planning that back in 2008 too…

Scott Oliver. Author of: 1. Costa Rica Real Estate Scams, 2. How To Avoid Them, How To Buy Costa Rica Real Estate Without Losing Your Camisa, 3. Costa Rica’s Guide To Making Money Offshore in Bull & Bear Markets and 4. ¿Cómo Comprar Bienes Raices en Costa Rica, Sin Perder Su Camisa?[/quote]

First, a disclaimer – I have no connection with, no opportunity with, no interest in, have never been to, have no desire to go to …… and all the rest – but a google search of Hacienda Matapalo is indeed interesting – true or not!. If the “you-tube” videos of the work underway and all are true, we may be eating crow for Thanksgiving. I have no way of knowing and no interest in, if the work shown is in Matapalo or “BFE”, but before we (not just you, Scott) discredit their efforts and pace them in the category of “Big Gate, No Roads” maybe we need a more recent on the ground report! [b]Where is Geraldo when we need him??[/b][u][i][/i][/u]

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.