Hacienda Matapalo

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Hacienda Matapalo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    grb1063

Has anyone heard of this development? One of my friends has inquired. My initial response was that I believe this is between Dominical and Quepos, which is a terrible road and you could be stranded during the rainy season. Also, their website is renderings only and they are pushing presale, which typically means that have nothing built and can’t get financing without presale, which is very risky. Thanks in advance for any imput.

kshaler
    Participant

I haven’t checked out this development but you’re correct the area is close to Dominical. We usually take the route from San Jose thru the mountains to San Isidro and then down to the coast a 3-4 drive. We ‘ve also driven the coast route and the road below Quepos is in the process of being improved.

watchdog

grb1063 you’ve “hit the nail right on the head”. I’m quite familiar with the legal aspects of the project and you’ve summed it up very succinctly.

jafranz

I drove past this site yesterday. All I saw was several billboards, No entrance or any sign of construction.

grb1063

Just as I suspected. Thanks for the information.

rohays

All,

this information you provided is great for those of us still in the states. I was contacted by the developer and was invited to a presentation via internet and phone. Living in Southern Nevada, I’m use to developer presentations and approach them with open mind and guarded wallet. I told the sales person that I would listen to whatever they had to say, but I was not going to purchase anything this year.
    Needless to say, I was un-invited to the presentation.

for what it’s worth, here in southern Nevada, there are millions of dollars worth of houses and condos built on speculation that lie vacant.

Buying into a project that does not have a single shovel put in the ground is a risky venture, especially overseas.

I don’t believe I will be buying property from Hacienda Matapalo.

thanks

aenaze1

The road from Quepos well past Matapalo is done, no? Other than that it sums up pretty well, no permits, no construction, no financing, no experienced owners…no thanks.

rocknrob

Have you ever visited the site for Hacienda Matapalo? They sound like they are doing alot more then what you are describing or they have a hell of alot of people that are good at bull-shitting. I guess we will have to wait and see.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Bullshitting is much more profitable than site development.

johnr

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Bullshitting is much more profitable than site development.[/quote]

Cheaper too David!

GreciaBound

Yeah, these guys apparently have a professional sales call center, and I got a call the other day from them. The guy insisted that I made an online inquiry and he was following up to sell me. Well, I told him that I did not inquire, but he then said he had my email address, which he recanted correctly. Now I am not losing my memory yet, since I have a policy of not responding or giving personal information to internet CR real estate ads, but I am concerned about the data mining that is going on. Sometimes I peruse a CR real estate site or two out of simple curiosity, and apparently these guys figured out a way to scrape my email address? Hmmmmmmm. Anyone else have an experience like this from these guys?

mollyjim

[quote=”GreciaBound”] …professional sales call center…[/quote] I haven’t had any direct experience with this but that is surely an oxymoron! Ain’t nuthin’professional about them!

Jim
    Santa Roas de Poás

aenaze1

Just because a company uses a call center to sell does not make it a scam. Unfortunately, for a lot of “developers” in CR and elsewhere, poor conditions for development combined with a lack of expertise can trigger a war for survival.

Of course the first casualty of war is the truth. Let the buyer beware.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I appreciate that you were not referring to my site but, just for the record…

Let me personally assure you that I have never, ever, ever sold or given away your email address or the personal information of any of our VIP Members to anyone, ever!

The only time someone else gets your information is when you choose to fill out a contact form on my website which is then automatically sent to the Realtor or architect or whomever you wish to communicate with …

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

2bncr

Just got off the phone with the Hacienda Matapalo salepeople. They say they have over 200 clients – whatever that means and they are halfway sold out! Right.. The build out is 2 and a half years. I think its VERY QUESTIONABLE.

I pressed her to find out what has been built and she said “nothing” but it will be… Have I heard that somewhere before – ah Pura Vida strikes again!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Moderator This post has been edited by the Moderator. The words “VERY QUESTIONABLE” replace another word.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.