For anyone holding Dollars–let the pain begin

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum For anyone holding Dollars–let the pain begin

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    wspeed1195

[quote=”*Lotus”]adsense ( I have friends that live here and make $15 to 20 grand a month on adsense alone)

affiliate marketing

ecommerce

membership model.

you get the picture

just stay away from brick and morter businesses here

just mis dos colones

i[/quote]

How do they generate this kind of cash flow with adsense?[/quote]my curiosity also,is aroused.

smekuly

[quote=”wspeed1195″][quote=”*Lotus”]adsense ( I have friends that live here and make $15 to 20 grand a month on adsense alone)

affiliate marketing

ecommerce

membership model.

you get the picture

just stay away from brick and morter businesses here

just mis dos colones

i[/quote]

How do they generate this kind of cash flow with adsense?[/quote]my curiosity also,is aroused.[/quote]

I do not understand the question.. are you referring to the specific strategies he uses to do this… if thats the case I cannoit help you since I am not the one who does this

wspeed1195

[quote=”smekuly”]
    I do not understand the question.. are you referring to the specific strategies he uses to do this… if thats the case I cannoit help you since I am not the one who does this[/quote]I guess,had I thought faster,to google adsense.
    anyway,thats self explanatory if/when you do,thanks,

Imxploring
    Participant

Adsense…. more pretend economy that got us to were we are today! Remember all those 20-somethings touting their internet start up companies during the net bubble…. the guys that seemed to speak a different language when it came to their “business” and the plan they had to actually make money? Words and terms you never heard before…. they sure did sound impressive!!! Like they were smarter than the rest of us! And what are most of those guys saying now…. I’ll give you a hint…. they’re asking if you want fries with your Big Mac!!! LOL!!

Time for the US and folks to get back to basics…. like producing something we can touch, use, and need…. not more pretend “business” models that do not!

sprite

[quote=”Imxploring”

Time for the US and folks to get back to basics…. like producing something we can touch, use, and need…. not more pretend “business” models that do not![/quote]

Don’t you think it’s a bit too late for that? Am I the only one here who is seeing a complete collapse of the monetary system world wide? No business model will work in such an environment except the very simple one with only ONE step: dig up as much food as you can and eat it before the other hungry folks scratching around in the field see you.

dboy

Way too many chicken littles on this forum. I can’t imagine living your life in so much much fear. It reminds me of a bunch of Y2K fanatics, sitting in a bunker with piles of freeze dried food with their finger on the trigger waiting for armageddon that never comes. If you think this way please don’t come to Costa Rica. Pura Vida! 😀

sprite

I day trade. I know a little about the difference between fear and caution. Fear is just as likely as ignorance to blind one to caution. Your apathetic attitude towards extraordinary, unprecedented recent events may be itself a product of fear. Like a deer frozen to inaction in the sudden appearance of headlights at night, you cannot and will not accept a reality coming at you like a Mac truck

dboy

You were talking about scrounging for food, fighting off the masses just above. That’s taking it a little far dontcha think?

I didn’t realize that I stated that I’m like a deer in the headlights. You read far more into things than you should. But again, given your outrageouse comments, I shouldn’t expect rational thought. Enjoy.

sprite

[quote=”dboy”]You were talking about scrounging for food, fighting off the masses just above. That’s taking it a little far dontcha think?

I didn’t realize that I stated that I’m like a deer in the headlights. You read far more into things than you should. But again, given your outrageouse comments, I shouldn’t expect rational thought. Enjoy.[/quote]

This is just point-counterpoint. I intend no personal insult. If you call my position fearful, I call it cautious. Considering the topic, I don’t think exaggeration is possible.

If you have ever been in a large city that has shut down due to major a weather event such as a hurricane, you would immediately understand what I am talking about. Miami has gone through two such events in the last 18 years….and we all knew it was only temporary. The stores were empty by the second day. There was no water, food or fuel for a short time. I am extrapolating that experience to one in which we have no assurance that things will return to normal any time soon. This is what an inflation fueled depression or a collapsed banking system would be like everywhere.

In the end, the math doesn’t lie. There are way too many experts out there who have been warning us. The video in Scott’s entry above does not seem exaggerated to me at all.

dboy

Let’s agree to disagree as I’m going to the beach. 8)

Pura Vida

sprite

[quote=”dboy”]Let’s agree to disagree as I’m going to the beach. 8)

Pura Vida[/quote]

Pura vida!

Imxploring
    Participant

Spirit…. can’t say I disagree with you… but unless we’re talking about the complete and total fall of mankind… and the end of civilization… at some point we’re going to have to get back to the basics… I guess the real question then is how far down we fall before we grab hold and start back up the mountain. I’m not sure we’ll fall all the way back to the hunter/gatherer level but I guess it’s possible and depends on your take on things. That’s the real question. I know it’s going to be ugly (Very much more than what the world is dealing with the past couple of years), many folks are not prepared or going to be able to deal with it, and it’s going to be a very long painful road.

sprite

The internet is chock full of conspiracy theories claiming to explain everything from UFO’s to contrails to 2012 doomsday. It all makes for entertaining reading. But once you go down the rabbit hole in search of how the monetary economy functions, you realize this ain’t no run of the mill conspiracy theory. There is way too much factual history and evidence. This world wide, human societal meltdown is coming. Numbers don’t lie. It is as plain as daylight for anyone who wants to apply a little critical thinking. I am convinced it is going to be terrible. I just don’t have an idea as to when and at what pace it will take place. Those who know about this have to feel like I do, as if we are blind folded and stumbling towards a cliff’s edge.

smekuly

[quote=”Imxploring”]Adsense…. more pretend economy ![/quote]

Imexploring

pretend economy lol that was funny

my friend who is actually with me on holiday these past few weeks read your post and laughed. this month he will be hitting his all time record month of $60 grand.. Ill take that pretend economy any day of the week

steve

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”smekuly”][quote=”Imxploring”]Adsense…. more pretend economy ![/quote]

Imexploring

pretend economy lol that was funny

my friend who is actually with me on holiday these past few weeks read your post and laughed. this month he will be hitting his all time record month of $60 grand.. Ill take that pretend economy any day of the week

steve[/quote]

And Facebook is a $50 billion dollar company that produces NOTHING, has a total of 1700 employees, and has made it’s founder a billionaire… but in the overall picture does this type of business model make sense for anyone but the FEW that prosper? Do we really believe that it’s a business model that has a long term benefit or chance of adding to a REAL economy? I think we should all look back 5 years to the internet bubble… lots of pretend companies there created fortunes that came and went.

Great for your friend… Vegas LOVES winners too… so does the lottery…. and EVERY multi-level marketing scheme (Amway, Herbalife, Etc) loves to pump their success stories…. brings new players into the fold… but we all know that the big winners are few and far between…. because at the end of the day…. Even with Adsense…. SOMEONE has to make a sale…. and if that doesn’t happen… the house of cards comes down.

With that kind of income your friend is seeing he must have some incredible traffic on his websites and some great content… care to share a link to his websites… or might it be something that I might not want on my computer or those under 18 to view? LOL

When I use the term “pretend economy” I’m using it to point to all the new age “business” that does little but create wealth for the few while doing little to benefit society or produce anything of value.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.