Costa Rica Real Estate in Decline?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica Real Estate in Decline?

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    dockers

enduro said: “Well said Aguirrewar and Lotus. I’m with both of you on your comments.”

i’m with them as well, very well said. just one little note about what Lotus said, i’m all for complaining, because without it, we get no where. all i’m against are those that live in a foreign land, where the internal problems are far greater than the USA, yet these people criticize the USA as if where they are is paradise. focus on where you are and be thankful that were you were provided you the opportunity to be where you are.

grifz77

Sorry, I may have missed it but I am really interested in Scott answering Dockers questions. I think they are very important…as I often refer to this site as a source of what I consider decent information.

Scott, if you could be so kind as to answer the questions that would be greatly appreciated. After all, if there is nothing to hide, the answers to the questions could go a long way for you.

Scott said: Lastly, I do NOT personally sell real estate but certainly recommend people that do so nobody is giving me their life savings and as I have stated repeatedly, buyers need to do their own homework!

Sorry, I didn’t mean to suggest anyone was giving you their life savings, I was suggesting that they would be giving it to someone else based on your recommendation. I know you don’t sell real estate, however by your own admission, you are in the inner MOST circle it seems to me, you own real estate too so people need to be careful.

Scott said: “Lastly, I do NOT personally sell real estate”

You might not sell real estate, but you could be getting kick backs. Is your involvement with developers and realtors purely for charity and to add chapters to your book?

Scott said: “We have plenty of clients that do make real estate investments (multiple investments) based on my recommendation”

What is a client to you? Are these paying clients? In the above quote, can you tell us who “we” are? I thought this website was just “you.”

Scott said: “our VIP Members have purchased about 60 apartments in one project alone in Santa Ana through our Recommended Realtor”

When you said “through our Recommended Realtor” it begs a question. You recommended with absolutely no kick back at all? Zero? Just a matter of charity?

Scott said: “our VIP Members have purchased about 60 apartments in one project alone”

You are giving developers free leads? Very nice of you!!!! A lot nicer than many other people I might add. The realtor gets a 5 percent commission and Scott gets a thank you?

Scott said: “I do speak with dozens of Realtors on a weekly basis and have been a part of about 100 real estate transactions over the last 12-18 months”

I’m not sure how you have time to speak to so many realtors on a weekly basis, however when you say that you’ve “been a part of about 100 real transactions,” what does this mean? What is your “part?” Does the “part” you provide, provide you any income? To be honest, I wouldn’t be “part” of so much for nothing.

Scott said: “I know a lot more about them than just their Username so unless we already have an established, profitable relationship then you should do your own homework.”

Are you saying that you “profit” above? How do you profit?

To sum this up, I thought you were an operator of a website and an author of a book. Your words seem to suggest otherwise. I’ve not read too much on here lately (it has been a long time actually), but has your role changed?

Umm Dockers,

You live in SFO, and don’t have to worry about crime? Will your flower pot be safe if it isn’t nailed down over in the Mission district or Hunters Point? I worked there in your city for 10 years, in fact I modeled for Levi’s a few times too. They were a great company and had lots of great programs for the employees in the city. But, it was not perfectly clean, safe, unpolluted city you describe. More dangerous than San Jose Costa Rica by far. But maybe you live in the Marina district or another wealthy area and don’t have to look at it daily. You can do the same thing here in Costa Rica, live in a rich secure area and not live with those problems. Probably in the house Scott just sold, a specialty house for a specialty client, would provide just that. Can you rent your house in SFO for that 10% of 1.6 million? I am not bashing California though, I love it there too. I think San Francisco is a great and diverse city, but come on… The problems that city faces dwarf Costa Rica’s problems.

Edited on Sep 12, 2008 03:43

gits1924

‘Dockers’, Scott,

I find the conversation between the two of you interesting. On one hand, I understand questioning Scott’s motives for having his website, as I think everyone should. However, I think one would have to be terribly naive to expect the owner of a site who puts in many hours a week to do this for free. I’ve never spoken to anyone who’s been to this site that thought Scott wasn’t financially interested in his network marketing efforts. I also personally know the real estate agents he recommends in Atenas. They are perfectly legit and way above board. It’s terribly difficult to enter the real estate market here and even more difficult to find the right people. I can’t say everyone he recommends is the best because I don’t know them. But, I can say that a service that tries to weed out the time wasters and crooks can be quite useful. It’s always up to the visitor of any site to use their own head and do their own due diligence. If someone has had a terrible experience with someone recommended on the site, just post what happened!

In regards to real estate being down 50 percent. That is hilariously wrong. In fact it’s so wrong that I’ve just used the word “hilariously” for the first time in my life. It’s absurd. I’ve been living in San Ramon for the last two years. Prices have been steadily rising, with a strong demand for QUALITY real estate. There are still many buyers who simply want to purchase real estate of real value and are willing to pay a fair price. Those who offer empty promises and can’t look at you in the eye when they are talking to you are having problems selling. Also, in certain beach towns, condos have been oversupplied, similar to what we’ve seen in Miami, Florida. What makes Costa Rica appealing is that it DOESN’T cost as much as it does in the United States or Europe. So, if you can deliver a product that makes financial sense to the end user, you’re golden. Retiring in the United States, especially, isn’t getting any cheaper any time soon!

To conclude, I’ve never met Scott but his reaction to the ridiculous statements about real estate prices falling drastically here are perfectly legit and DEAD ON. It is also fair game for him to earn money by promoting people that offer a good/honest service to his website visitors. And, if visitors have issues with anyone he recommends, simply speak up.

-Preston, San Ramon

*Lotus

Preston I agree. It’s rude to ask him what his financial arrangements are and insulting to use words like “kick backs” as the implication is derogatory. This site is a tool filled with facts and opinions, so use it it wisely.

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.