Costa Rica and China!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica and China!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”pharg”][quote=”Imxploring”]
    So what might your feelings be about CR getting cozy with the Chinese? Good, bad, or neutral?[/quote]

1. nearly all politicians of any nationality are venal;
    2. when money talks, ethics walks;
    3. not knowing the details of who gets what, and when, I am neutral until things play out.
    4. At that point, any opinion I have is almost certainly inconsequential as far as the C.R. government is concerned.
    PEH[/quote]

I’d agree completely with numbers one and two…. as to three and four…. that’s where the danger exist is today’s world…. people’s willingness to “wait it out”…. or trust that a higher power (in government) is doing the right thing and that their opinion or position means nothing.

I often use the example of the 9/11 attacks and how the EPA (Chaired by Christie Todd Whitman) assured the folks in Manhattan and all the emergency personal at the scene that the air was safe…. only to discover that it wasn’t. And now thousands of folks are suffering the results of that government lie. It didn’t take a PhD to know that the airborne materials from the attack was full of carcinogens…. but yet we were lied to.

Those who waited to see how things played out are now suffering and dying very painful deaths… so trusting what you are told and relying on politicians is not really a good idea. Their actions and motivations must be questioned… whether or not you think it will make a difference. It’s part of the checks and balances that keep them in line!

One man standing in front of a tank may have seemed inconsequential…. yet it proved to be much more. Defining moments don’t always appear as such when the shutter clicks.

pharg
    Participant

[quote=”Imxploring”][quote=”pharg”][quote=”Imxploring”]
    So what might your feelings be about CR getting cozy with the Chinese? Good, bad, or neutral?[/quote]

1. nearly all politicians of any nationality are venal;
    2. when money talks, ethics walks;
    3. not knowing the details of who gets what, and when, I am neutral until things play out.
    4. At that point, any opinion I have is almost certainly inconsequential as far as the C.R. government is concerned.
    PEH[/quote]

I’d agree completely with numbers one and two…. as to three and four…. that’s where the danger exist is today’s world…. people’s willingness to “wait it out”…. or trust that a higher power (in government) is doing the right thing and that their opinion or position means nothing.

I often use the example of the 9/11 attacks and how the EPA (Chaired by Christie Todd Whitman) assured the folks in Manhattan and all the emergency personal at the scene that the air was safe…. only to discover that it wasn’t. And now thousands of folks are suffering the results of that government lie. It didn’t take a PhD to know that the airborne materials from the attack was full of carcinogens…. but yet we were lied to.

Those who waited to see how things played out are now suffering and dying very painful deaths… so trusting what you are told and relying on politicians is not really a good idea. Their actions and motivations must be questioned… whether or not you think it will make a difference. It’s part of the checks and balances that keep them in line!

One man standing in front of a tank may have seemed inconsequential…. yet it proved to be much more. Defining moments don’t always appear as such when the shutter clicks.[/quote]

How quickly these discussions swerve away from Costa Rica.

In response to your question, I never mentioned trusting what I am told and relying on politicians. Quite the contrary, in fact – actions and deeds, not rhetoric, delay my opinions. Your Whitman example is appropriate. In many venues, her statements were laughable.
    And as to the man and the tank, you can’t really say this was not an extraordinary event, and in no sense typifies the reality of the inconsequentiality of individual opinion.

Andrew
    Keymaster

[size=200][b]Discussions within this thread will remain within the fairly broad confines of the subject matter – Costa Rica and China or, it will be closed.[/b][/size]

Thank you ….

Imxploring
    Participant

I’m guessing we’ll get to see how pure the intentions of the Chinese are for Central America with the current actions in Nicaragua… the canal project and arrangements with Danny and company should fester over a shorter time horizon and give Costa Rica some idea of what they’re in for long term in their dealings with the Chinese.

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″]Whatever happens with the proposed Nicaraguan canal and the Chinese role in it probably won’t come close to the dirty dealings that resulted in the Panama canal, or even the existence of the nation of Panama itself. Will there be a “Nicaragua Canal Zone” manned and run by Chinese, treated as a part of China itself, as was the case for the Panama Canal vis-a-vis the US for 76 years? I suspect not.[/quote]

The Chinese already beat that deal…. they have a 100 year no bid… no environmental study concession on the Nicaragua canal project.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.