Construction Quality & Prices in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Construction Quality & Prices in Costa Rica

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Ripple33

Diesels12 in what area are you building homes? I am interested in talking to you about a project. Please send me your email or phone number for contact and let me know where you are working.

Rita

Where does Leo live, we’d like to talk to him about the Tilaran area?
    Rita

apexit

Rita I posted it about 5 posts above
    Leo 881 1211 Just call him even on the weekends. He does inspections all over the country. He lives in San Jose
    Good Luck
    Stan

apexit

leo@banderabeachestates.com. Leo Barrantes cell 506 881 1211
    Good Luck
    Stan

tomasino

Specifications of the expectations you have imagined for your home.

We all have expectations. But some of us are not able to clearly envision how all the components need to be assembled to achieve the end result we have imagined.
    Photos help but detailed construction specifications are the best means you have to get your dream home completed to your expectations and the way you imagine it to be.
    It is a good idea to thoroughly communicate your expectations of how you imagine your residence to be to your builder so he can include the items you need in your construction specifications and provide you with the accurate cost to install them in your new residence. If you don’t have a good building contract, with detailed construction specifications you may end up spending more than you anticipated and perhaps get disappointed.

With a good set of specifications you can be sure that you are getting the total cost for all the work to complete your residence the way you imagine it to be.
    Plus if you select a builder with whom you can communicate and someone who understands the manner in which you’re accustomed to living, chances are you won’t be inconvenienced by the inconveniences that happen here in paradise.

geminigio

I was happy to see your post. I agree that these Developers are “Price Gouging”
    Since you have built homes in Costa Rica before, maybe you would consider meeting me in Novemeber when I come back down to CR to discuss the possibility of you building my home? I will be interviewing builders when I’m down there. My homesite is in “Costa Esterillos” which is a Costa Developers project and I will not be using their services to build my home. This projest is in the Central Pacific Area. I’ve been talking to builders like you and they tell me that certain developers are “price gouging” and I will not buy into that nonsense. If you are a serious home builder who is financially in good shape with a good track record, references,etc. please feel free to contact me anytime. I am very serious and plan on building in late 2008. If interested, please let me know and I will send you my home phone number and email address. (I will check with Scott to see how we should go about trading that personal information without breaking any forum rules)
    Best Regards,

Artie Giordano

diesels12

I do not live in Costa Rica currently. I go there 5 times a year and I spent alot of time done there when i was building the house. I appreciate the offer to bid for your job but my plate is full up in the states. My advice would be to get multiple bids and check references.See if you can get a labor only contract where you buy the materials and than go to three hardware stores with a material lists and ask for bids or a proforma in spanish. This is what I did and it also insures that you get high quality materials, not crap. If possible watch how they mix the cement and make sure they dont piecemeal the pours. Ideally if you are near a cement plant pay the extra and get ready mix delivered in a truck.Make sure the plumbing has vents and the elctrical is grounded with plenty of outlets. Of course if you speak spanish and deal with local contractors your cost savings will be tremendous. I had the advantage of having a Costa Rican wife and her family assisting me which made things easier. I honestly think if I didnt have this support I would have bought a house that was already built due to the headaches involved.

geminigio

Thanks for your reply, nice hearing back from you. If you have any builder recommendations I sure would appreciate it. Thanks again for the information you sent.

Regards,

Artie

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.