Changes in CAJA status

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Changes in CAJA status

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    PeteB
    Participant

The wife had her appointment with the CAJA late last week and it was calculated that her monthly payment would be 10,700 colones. It is to be paid directly to the CAJA. This was figured taking my SS income and subtracting all expenses taking her income down to $200. Still have not verified if this is for Gringo’s only or not. – Will let you know as soon as we find out.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”PeteB”]The wife had her appointment with the CAJA late last week and it was calculated that her monthly payment would be 10,700 colones. It is to be paid directly to the CAJA. This was figured taking my SS income and subtracting all expenses taking her income down to $200. Still have not verified if this is for Gringo’s only or not. – Will let you know as soon as we find out.[/quote]

What expenses did they allow for deduction?

PeteB
    Participant

[quote=”costaricabill”][quote=”PeteB”]The wife had her appointment with the CAJA late last week and it was calculated that her monthly payment would be 10,700 colones. It is to be paid directly to the CAJA. This was figured taking my SS income and subtracting all expenses taking her income down to $200. Still have not verified if this is for Gringo’s only or not. – Will let you know as soon as we find out.[/quote]

What expenses did they allow for deduction?[/quote]

The way she explained it to me was that it related to all normal living expenses such as food, rent etc. – Hope this helps

costaricafinca
    Participant

In [url=http://www.amcostarica.com/121714.htm]amcostarica yesterday[/url], an article regarding this subject.

davidd

costaricafinca

thanks for that link.. it seems to support the current way of this is being handled. my wife (union libre) is a tica and she is currently on my caja plan.

the caja is a great value for some things.. but not at $500 per month as some people (rentistas) are paying.

I also pay additional coverage for myself.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.