Canadian pensionado criminal record check

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Canadian pensionado criminal record check

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ddilnot

[quote=”happygirl”][quote=”ddilnot”]Hi Paula,

This is interesting. I sent my documents to Foreign Affairs Canada with a letter regarding why I was asking for authentication and they automatically sent them to the Costa Rica Embassy in Ottawa. The CR Embassy will send them back to you by regular mail or I sent a prepaid courier envelope to Foreign Affairs Canada to send the the Embassy and my documents were returned from the Embassy in that. I would recommend sending everything via courier so it can be tracked.

I live in Toronto and am just in the process of applying for residence in CR. I called my local police station re the “certificate of good standing” and was given the name of a company, International Fingerprinting Services. I didn’t have to be fingerprinted but they filled out the appropriate forms for the RCMP and sent them to the local detachment ($35.00). I then when back to IFS a few days later and picked up the yellow half-page form. I then sent it to Foreign Affairs Canada for authentication and they sent it to the Costa Rica Embassy in Ottawa for their stamp of approval. Hope this is helpful.

[quote=”paula1″]Hi,
    We are in the midst of applying for pensionado residency. Apparently one of the requirements is a “Certificate of Good Conduct”, supposedly available from the RCMP. We understand that it is a yellow form, about a half a page long. Does anyone have experience with this form, or know the form number? We have contacted the RCMP by email and by phone, they don’t have a clue about this form.

Muchias Gracias
    Paula[/quote][/quote]

I hope this works out for you. I had to get my documents notarized first, then sent to foreign affairs. I received them back and then had to send to Costa Rican consul in Ottawa.[/quote]

paula1

Thanks everyone for all your helpful responses!
    Feliz Navidad
    Paula

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.