Best tour group for Costa Rica?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Best tour group for Costa Rica?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Logsdon

My wife and I have looked almost all over the world for that perfect retirement place. We’re trying to plan a visit to Costa Rica, but would like to find a great tour group to see possible areas. Does anyone know of a good, reputable, reasonably priced group?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Google “George Lundquist Costa Rica”.

George runs an excellent all-inclusive tour for folks considering retirement in the Central valley where most people live. Just spending a few days picking George’s brain is worth the cost.

[quote=”Logsdon”]My wife and I have looked almost all over the world for that perfect retirement place. [/quote]

So far, with all that traveling, what countries are amongst the possibilities for your retirement residence?

Logsdon

[quote=”barbaracjohnson”][quote=”Logsdon”]My wife and I have looked almost all over the world for that perfect retirement place. [/quote]

So far, with all that traveling, what countries are amongst the possibilities for your retirement residence?[/quote]

Possibilities are Roratonga, Northern Italy, Southern France, Kauai, Central Mexico, Southern Germany, Seychelles, but still looking.

glundquist

[quote=”Logsdon”][quote=”barbaracjohnson”][quote=”Logsdon”]My wife and I have looked almost all over the world for that perfect retirement place. [/quote]

Your most efficient and practical way to find out if CR may be as close to perfect as can be found is to take my Regular 3 day tour and possibly an add on tour or two.

Please go to my website http://www.costaricaretireonss.com and read the many recommendations from past guests who are happy to reply to any email inquires you may want to make.

Larrythehat

[quote=”Logsdon”]My wife and I have looked almost all over the world for that perfect retirement place. We’re trying to plan a visit to Costa Rica, but would like to find a great tour group to see possible areas. Does anyone know of a good, reputable, reasonably priced group?[/quote]
    If you are looking for somewhere “perfect”, Costa Rica is not for you.

Logsdon

[quote=”larrythehat”][quote=”Logsdon”]My wife and I have looked almost all over the world for that perfect retirement place. We’re trying to plan a visit to Costa Rica, but would like to find a great tour group to see possible areas. Does anyone know of a good, reputable, reasonably priced group?[/quote]
    If you are looking for somewhere “perfect”, Costa Rica is not for you.[/quote]

Perfect is, of course, relative. We’re looking for what fits us “perfectly” That may not be perfect for you. I’ll wait to find that perfect place when my pulse reaches Zero.

baontheriver

[quote=”Logsdon”][quote=”larrythehat”][quote=”Logsdon”]My wife and I have looked almost all over the world for that perfect retirement place. We’re trying to plan a visit to Costa Rica, but would like to find a great tour group to see possible areas. Does anyone know of a good, reputable, reasonably priced group?[/quote]

Perfect is, of course, relative. We’re looking for what fits us “perfectly” That may not be perfect for you. I’ll wait to find that perfect place when my pulse reaches Zero.[/quote]

Love your attitude and it is right on target! We have not traveled the world like you have but chose Costa Rica because of the environment. We enjoy House Hunters International but we always are pleased we selected Costa Rica. Most group tours have an agenda and a favorite area. We have traveled most of Costa Rica except the east coast and chose an area in the southern pacific side. We did not want to live in a cage so we stayed away from the big cities. Everything depends on what “You Want” and need. If you need future medical assistance then stay near a good hospital but most doctors actually make house calls. If you want to be on the beach stay away from the big towns and there are plenty of incredible locations. Just don’t get to far away from a town for supplies. We live in an area around 1600 feet (500 meters) above sea level so we don’t need air conditioning. Fresh air is always the best! The water here is also the best if you like fresh spring water without all of the chemicals.

With all of that said, I can reccomend a couple of tour guides that have no agenda except to show you this incredible country. It all depends on your likes and dislikes and what you are looking for. If you are interested just let me know and I will give you their email addresses so you can talk to them direct. It is best that you interview them yourself so you can get a feel for them. I hope that you choose Costa Rica and love it as much as we do! Good Luck!

creolesbk

[quote=”baontheriver”][quote=”Logsdon”][quote=”larrythehat”][quote=”Logsdon”]My wife and I have looked almost all over the world for that perfect retirement place. We’re trying to plan a visit to Costa Rica, but would like to find a great tour group to see possible areas. Does anyone know of a good, reputable, reasonably priced group?[/quote]

Perfect is, of course, relative. We’re looking for what fits us “perfectly” That may not be perfect for you. I’ll wait to find that perfect place when my pulse reaches Zero.[/quote]

Love your attitude and it is right on target! We have not traveled the world like you have but chose Costa Rica because of the environment. We enjoy House Hunters International but we always are pleased we selected Costa Rica. Most group tours have an agenda and a favorite area. We have traveled most of Costa Rica except the east coast and chose an area in the southern pacific side. We did not want to live in a cage so we stayed away from the big cities. Everything depends on what “You Want” and need. If you need future medical assistance then stay near a good hospital but most doctors actually make house calls. If you want to be on the beach stay away from the big towns and there are plenty of incredible locations. Just don’t get to far away from a town for supplies. We live in an area around 1600 feet (500 meters) above sea level so we don’t need air conditioning. Fresh air is always the best! The water here is also the best if you like fresh spring water without all of the chemicals.

With all of that said, I can reccomend a couple of tour guides that have no agenda except to show you this incredible country. It all depends on your likes and dislikes and what you are looking for. If you are interested just let me know and I will give you their email addresses so you can talk to them direct. It is best that you interview them yourself so you can get a feel for them. I hope that you choose Costa Rica and love it as much as we do! Good Luck![/quote]

My quick question:- is it better to rent for 6 months or buy in Costa Rica?

Andrew
    Keymaster

What do you have to lose if you rent a home or apartment for six months?

What do you have to lose if you buy a home or apartment?

Scott

Logsdon

Frankly, I’m a little worried about the Costa Rican economy. The treasury is borrowing more money than the US and we all see where that borrowing has put the US economy. I hope I’m wrong, but I think there is a underlying reason that so many expats are selling.

Renting right now may be the best option. What do you lose? 6 to 12 months rent. If you buy, the coins still up in the air regarding whether you made the right choice to buy or you lose a lot of equity when you join the other folks trying to get out.

For me — I still going to give Costa Rica a good look-over as a possible retirement home.

sprite

[quote=”Logsdon”]Frankly, I’m a little worried about the Costa Rican economy. The treasury is borrowing more money than the US and we all see where that borrowing has put the US economy. I hope I’m wrong, but I think there is a underlying reason that so many expats are selling.

Renting right now may be the best option. What do you lose? 6 to 12 months rent. If you buy, the coins still up in the air regarding whether you made the right choice to buy or you lose a lot of equity when you join the other folks trying to get out.

For me — I still going to give Costa Rica a good look-over as a possible retirement home.[/quote]

“other folks trying to get out?” Which folks are those and what are they getting out of? And where would they go? The moon?

Do you understand what is happening? Do you understand the comprehensive nature of the world collapse that has begun and what it will lead to ultimately? There is no coin in the air on this matter. There is no way a world wide collapse will NOT happen. The only thing you should be considering right now is whether or not you will be safer in a pastoral, peaceful country like Costa Rica with a comfortable climate or whether you would prefer to be at the violent vortex of a crumbling empire filled with starving citizens armed to the teeth and facing a brutal winter with no fuel oil.

bogino
    Participant

[quote=”sprite”]
    Do you understand what is happening? Do you understand the comprehensive nature of the world collapse that has begun and what it will lead to ultimately? There is no coin in the air on this matter. There is no way a world wide collapse will NOT happen. The only thing you should be considering right now is whether or not you will be safer in a pastoral, peaceful country like Costa Rica with a comfortable climate or whether you would prefer to be at the violent vortex of a crumbling empire filled with starving citizens armed to the teeth and facing a brutal winter with no fuel oil.[/quote]

Hey Sprite–You seem so [b]Petrified[/b] about [b]The End of Days[/b] that I found a link I think you will enjoy and give you comfort:

http://www.terravivos.com/secure/prophecy.htm

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”bogino”] Hey Sprite–You seem so [b]Petrified[/b] about [b]The End of Days[/b] that I found a link I think you will enjoy and give you comfort:

http://www.terravivos.com/secure/prophecy.htm%5B/quote%5D

bogino, nothing will give Sr. sprite any comfort whether it does or does not involve global calamity. Whether the world comes to an end tomorrow or later on today, it cannot happen soon enough for him, but it is certain to happen. No matter what the subject, surfing, scuba diving, home building, residency, farmers’ markets or whatever else, it’s all about the impending disaster.

Can you say “broken record” . . . “broken record” . . . “broken record” . . . “broken record” . . . “broken record” . . . “broken record” . . .”broken record” . . “broken record” . . . “broken record” . . ?

maravilla

given the choice between southern france and costa rica, france would win hands down. but my husband is italian and he was partial to italy, which priced itself right out of our budget thanks to the escalating costs — life there has basically doubled in not very many years. but then so has life in costa rica. as for your pulse hitting zero — good luck! i think that will only happen when you have no pulse at all, and a lot of the people i know who are leaving costa rice just found life too stressful here. if you do choose costa rica, please remember we have no army, we don’t start wars, and nobody wants to invade or terrorize us. and that’s why a lot of us actually moved here, yet i have often heard the refrain that if only costa rice were like the US. . . well, it’s not and never will be and we like it like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.