Anybody know of any cheap flights to CR?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Anybody know of any cheap flights to CR?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Peg

Terry,

I used the web site centralamerica.com with very good results. They only sell Central American flights and are associated with Tica Travel. They deal with all the major airlines, American, Delta, Continental, etc.

pweisel

Best Prices in General:

BTW, except for Christmas and Spring Break, I find the best prices to Costa Rica (and perhaps most other places?) are to be found in the window 6-8 weeks before you want to travel. Earlier than that and they are jacked up for people who must definitely have tickets for specific dates, and closer to departure day they slip upwards again as demand increases/# seats decreases… During that window cheap(er) fares pop up and disappear quickly – so you should check a few times a day and when you see that fare snag it immediately. Fares under $400 have been available (from Portland OR) every spring and fall, for the last 2 years, using this method. Don’t know what the fares this fall will be, but I will be shopping!

maravilla

Denver to San Jose in July just cost me $447 (plus tax) for a total of $512. The search sites were quoting $560+ all the way to $800 but I went directly to Continental’s site and booked it there.

drummerdaveb

Well, I found and booked my tickets.

I used Kayak (thanks for hte link!), and it tracked down the best fare for me.

Delta had tickets (booked on delta.com) for $514 total from Cincy (only 2 hrs from home) on my dates over thanksgiving.

I suppose I could be missing out on some future sale fare, but a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush, right?

maravilla

I check the fares yesterday and the ticket I bought last week is now $154 more than what I paid. So, yes, a bird in the hand. . . .

jessicab

Another option for flights. I have won on Sky Auction twice.
    Bid for your airfare. Be careful of departure days of the week
    because the price increases. Also, price increases on certain holiday periods.
    Jessica From Plano, TX

Ripple33

Cheapest rates are normally on Martinair out of Orlando Florida(usually about three hundred round trip). Right now American Airlines is offering 98 dollars round trip from Miami Florida through 11/15. Spirit also has good deals out of Ft Lauderdale. Depending on where you are located you may do well getting a flight to Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Orlando and connect with American or Martinair.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Has anybody here actually flown Martinair from Orlando? I’m curious what the experience was. Are the cabins pressurized? Are there seatbelts? Is there a co-pilot?

dhsbooker

David,

My husband and I have flown on Martinair twice out of Orlando. They were both great flights. The first one was a little late arriving in Orlando, the 2nd was on time. They also serve a nice little box lunch with sandwich, fruit, and a cookie! Oh,I almost forgot, yes they do have seatbelts and a co-pilot! lol

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.