Anybody know of any cheap flights to CR?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Anybody know of any cheap flights to CR?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    drummerdaveb

We want to visit in November (thanksgiving) or in December when I get out of school for the semester.

Has anybody seen any good deals on flights to CR?

harvcarp

Yes, however, you need to tell us from where you are originating.

Thanks

Minuit

I usually try http://www.cheaptickets.com
    It works for many cities/countries and you can ask for flexible dates to have the best price.
    if you are in Canada, I also like http://www.travelocity.ca
    Hasta Luego
    Jo

juliab

I always find the best price on Orbitz (http://www.orbitz.com/). If you want the best deal, do the search every day for a week or 2 several times a day and you’ll catch that deal. For example, I’m flying from Seattle and each time I’m able to fly for under $500 (round trip). Have to admit that my schedule is very flexible:-) Good luck!

grb1063

Continental from Seattle via Houston has always had the best fares and is the shortest route. We have been coming down for less than $500 w/ all taxes.

*Lotus

From NYC we have been using Taca and go directly to there site. Almost all direct to SAJ. http://www.taca.com The service has been great and always on-time.

hennalounge

I love http://www.kayak.com for flights. They search all the cheapo things like orbitz, etc… and you can set up to have daily alerts sent to you, for example if you are looking for a specific pricepoint.

maravilla

Frontier Airlines will soon be flying nonstop to costa rica from designated cities, of which Denver is one. I think their new routes start in November, with an introductory fee of $149 each way. I just booked my flight to Costa Rica and after checking all the search engines, I saved $25 by going directly to Continental’s website and booking through them. In fact, booking directly has always been cheaper for me than booking on one of the kayak or mobissimo sites

Alfred

Lotus, We use Taca direct from their website as well to SJO, and the fare is always lower than Orbitz or Travelocity. Taca has flights even when those travel sites say there are no flights available for the day you want to travel.
    Lately it seems the direct flights are fewer in number though, or are flying on different schedules than last year.

Peg

Frontier airlines is just now launching flights to SJO from 20 cities in the U.S. Their prices are well under $500. for this special launch promotion. I recieved the info from Travelzoo, but I’m sure info is probably on their web site. It will all depend on where your coming from. As far as other Airlines go, it depends on the time of the year your traveling. I flew from Tampa the end of last November for $438.on Delta, but not non-stop. If the price of fuel keeps going up the prices will too.

*Lotus

Yes, there is always more of a selection of flights on the airlines own web page. I must say we really like flying on Taca.

drummerdaveb

Im in Louisville (SDF), which sucks when you’re trying to find reasonable airfare to anywhere.

So far, Frontier’s new service is the best deal I’ve found, for $520 from Louisville, or $500 from Indy, but then, they’re not the ideal dates either.
    I might mention, we took Frontier down to Cancun last September, and it was really really nice. We were extremely pleased.

I’ll check out those other sites.

. .. .It must be nice being able to get a direct flight to CR. . .. or anywhere for that matter.

pweisel

Spirit Airlines (spiritair.com) just started service from Ft. Lauderdale to San Jose. RT prices are from $129 to $199, depending on time of day and “size of seat.” Good prices if accessing Ft. Lauderdale makes sense for you. I just recently heard of spirit air – it looks like they have other good fares as well. Good luck!

terrycook

drummer…that’s what you think! I am getting prices of $635-800+ From San Antonio..TACA was $825 from Houston and I had to pay more to get from San Antonio to Houston. Cheapest I have found for me was $625 with a max return time of 5 months…Mexican Airlines…through a place in the Sunday travel section…www.exelsior-travel.com…1-888-777-4481 or 1-888-686-4848.. The actual ad shows the price of S.A. Texas to S.J C.R. $419.00 (come-on price) with all the taxes and fuel stuff etc $625. Best I have found…But I will try Frontier and let you know.
    Terry From Texas….p.s obviously I do not work for this company but wanted to put in this caviat for Scott’s sake
    Terry From Texas

Edited on May 25, 2007 13:59

terrycook

drummer Just called Frontier…they do not start until Nov. to fly to C.R. but they are giving out GREAT rates in the mid $300 range tt&l I can’t believe it. Unfortunately I am going in July :[
    Any one going in the winter months Check this one out..also the phone recording said to go to their web site for bonus discounts..Maybe they will pay you to fly there :}..
    Terry From Texas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.