absentee landowners

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum absentee landowners

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    wspeed1195

[quote=”costaricafinca”]Back to the original question: Absentee landlords.
    Some friends had an ½ Ac. lot with a 2 storey duplex and a cabina on it at Rio Bananito, 20-Km south of Limón.
    And yesterday found that the duplex is gone!
    Nothing to do with the government, just that [i]’persons unknown'[/i] have razed the building and removed the structures along with [i]everything[/i] else.
    And, yes, they were paying a [i]caretaker.[/i][/quote]this is A common situation for absentee owners.often they think to just secure it and come every few mos,or have friends who’ll visit/stay for vacation.
    theirs A penchant type of feeling about this.it stems form A few scenarios.
    A “gringo” buys A property that had A caretaker and they think they don’t need the caretaker.so they board and lock the home and alls well.well,it’s not.when yo do this the caretaker that was removed ultimately knows pretty much whats there and getting it for resale or use becomes his objective.
    saw it happen in Tarcoles,Quatro Escinas in Orotina,Quebrada Maria personally,and heard of it happening on severa occasions.
    or they buy land,and don’t have it checked out occasionally by someone who manages or lives near by and they get squatters.this cenario has been adressed on this site.

costaricafinca
    Participant

They may have built another [i]’residence…’:D[/i]

wspeed1195

[quote=”costaricafinca”]They may have built another [i]’residence…’:D[/i][/quote]upgrade ala gringo

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.