Taxi drivers, bus drivers and Ministry of Transportation are all ganging up against Uber. This is a private message from Scott Oliver for VIP Members who’s livelihood is threatened by a smartphone ‘App.’
This video was first created on the 14th August 2015, the fight continues and I’m wondering what the taxi drivers will do when they eventually wake up and realize that the Race is on for driverless cars and that driverless cars and trucks will be a reality in the not so distant future…
But the discussion rages on with former Presidents of the country sharing their opinions about Uber in the local press.
Here’s what they may have missed in the international news:
- The Swedish car manufacturer Volvo and app-based ride-sharing company Uber are together investing $300m in a project to develop “base vehicles” that will be built by Volvo and then purchased by Uber.
- Google announced that it was developing driverless cars in 2009 and began testing them on California’s roads in 2012.
- Daimler is believed by many industry experts to be the closes to bringing a fully autonomous car to market. The manufacturer has spent years developing self-driving features for its high-end models.
- The American motor giant Ford is keen to show it is at the forefront of developing new car technology and says its cars have equalled Google in reaching “level 4” autonomy.
- Tesla has also been rapidly adding semi-autonomous technology to its high-end vehicles. This includes autopilot, which allows cars to navigate by themselves in many scenarios.
- It’s an open secret that Apple is developing an electric car, which may well have self-driving capabilities. The company has hired thousands of engineers as well as big names from established car companies.
But perhaps if Costa Rica taxi drivers and bus drivers ask nicely then all these massive multi-billion dollar companies will stop thinking about the technology of the future and halt all development of anything to do with driverless cars and trucks, what do you think?
Written by Scott Oliver, author of 1: How To Buy Costa Rica Real Estate Without Losing Your Camisa, 2: Costa Rica’s Guide To Making Money Offshore and 3. ¿Cómo Comprar Bienes Raíces en Costa Rica, Sin Perder Su Camisa?
Uber in Costa Rica. A message for anybody who’s livelihood is threatened by a smartphone ‘App.’
Article/Property ID Number 2089
Are you into beautiful Costa Rica?
All interesting things you want to know about Costa Rica are right here in our newsletter! Enter your email and press "subscribe" button.