- Watching a family of three Boat Billed Flycatchers (Megarynchus pitangua) sleeping in the branches of our lemon tree outside our living room.
- The cool breeze that blows from the east during the December and the first few months of the year that thankfully knocks down the oranges from the tree in the back garden.
- The two big old and beautiful higueron trees in our garden that attract dozens of different birds and air plants.
- Lying on my back on the couch of our outside terrace and watching parrots, pairs of woodpeckers, bananaquits, blue grey Tanagers, doves, and many other birds feeding on insects and the fruit of the tree.
- Being able to see mature trees out of practically every window in our home.
- The fantastic organic market that takes place every Tuesday in nearby Ciudad Colon where we buy the best breads, organic fruits and vegetables, mushrooms, jams, honey, coconut oil products, ginger and fresh turmeric, kefir and the most delicious home-made cheeses.
- In Brasil de Santa Ana we love being close to Ciudad Colon, Santa Ana and also the capital city San José but it’s just far enough away from the ‘hustle and bustle’ to enjoy the peace and quiet of our home.
We can be on the new highway to the beach in under 3 minutes and on the beach in Jaco in under 80 minutes. We’re also close to the San José International Airport. The quickest route to the airport for us is to take the Coyol road and we’re at the airport in under 20 minutes.
- Our new ‘living wall’ on the terrace outside the living room and kitchen is developing nicely and the fountain is also attracting the attention of different birds.
- With a quick 50m walk to the bottom of our condominium project and I’m swimming in our beautiful pool enjoying the sunshine and getting some much needed exercize. We also have a small but well equipped gym.
If we walk 200m, we can visit our local ProxiMart supermarket or be enjoying a great thin crust pizza in a terrific little Italian restaurant or having a pint in the ‘brew pub’ next door the that… .
- Lastly, I love living in a light-filled single storey home and although they are hard to find at a decent price in our high-demand area, we have a great relationship with this established developer – we’ve helped many buyers find his homes – and we have also committed to buying another single storey home in this developer’s next project.
Want To See A 360 Degree Visual Tour of our New Home? See our new home in the NaturaPark project here.
If you are searching for a quality, single storey luxury homes in the Escazu or Santa Ana areas at a more affordable price per square meter than any other developer that I know of then please email me and I’ll be happy to introduce you. New single storey homes start at around $410,000
Written by Scott Oliver, author of 1: How To Buy Costa Rica Real Estate Without Losing Your Camisa, 2: Costa Rica’s Guide To Making Money Offshore and 3. ¿Cómo Comprar Bienes Raíces en Costa Rica, Sin Perder Su Camisa?
Ten Wonderful Free Things We Enjoy In Our New Home In Brasil de Santa Ana, Costa Rica. Free video.
Article/Property ID Number 5681
Are you into beautiful Costa Rica?
All interesting things you want to know about Costa Rica are right here in our newsletter! Enter your email and press "subscribe" button.