This property has been appraised at over $1.7 million but the medical need to retire and stay closer to family after over 20 wonderful years means I will offer it for a quick sale of $650,000.
This lovely area has 80% of all the tourists who visit Costa Rica and Arenal Volcano, which this property looks on to, has become a symbol for the country. Beaches compete with each other but Arenal Volcano, the many hot springs, and the nearby lake, make this part of the country unique.
There are birds and flowers of every description, terrific neighbors, incredible views, wonderful weather with a healthy climate, visits by sloth, deer, monkeys, a business that can grow, if desired, or simply a beautiful place to live.
Please look at my website and the guest reviews, the people’s reaction to the property, and you’ll see just what a wonderful opportunity this is.
There is 7,000 square meters of land included (over 1 3/4 acres) as well as another smaller home and an apartment above the carport, designed as Maid’s Quarters but usually rented out to tourists.
The rear of the property is bordered by a small and very clean spring-fed creek/river. Across the river there is jungle, which makes for a great deal of all around privacy and which will never be developed.
Restaurants, a supermarket, services, and many natural attractions are just a short distance away. The property is safe and secure.
It can also include a franchise for Best Western Hotel, if interested in growing with the tourism business, and a small hobby farm bordering Arenal National Park with spectacular views of Lake Arenal, can also be purchased at a fire sale price.
All is available at an excellent price for the right person (people) and a package price can certainly be arranged. Many positive responses to the property may be seen here.
The area has many famous natural springs heated underground by the Volcano, and is also famous for its birds and other wild life,and its easy access to rain forests, Lake Arenal is the largest lake in Costa Rica and just a few minutes away by car.
It is also known for world famous rafting and wind surfing. Of course there are canopy tours, horse rentals to the famous La Fortuna waterfall (and other areas as well). It’s very easy to fill in an entire week enjoying all the natural activities in the area without doing the same thing twice.
The first thing people usually say after arriving at the Posada Colonial is that ‘The pictures don’t do it justice’. We are confident from our reviews that you, your family and your friends will feel the same way.
We are central, yet secluded, with patios, balconies and grounds looking on to the world famous Arenal Volcano.
This Almendro home has a wrap-around balcony, is gated and very private. We have WI-fi, cable and Sky TV, indoor and outdoor dining with flowers, birds and butterflies everywhere. It is a natural paradise.
We are near the charming town of La Fortuna, and our area is famous for its diversity of interests. These include bird watching, river rafting, jungle cruises, jungle canopy tours, butterfly farms, horseback riding, world famous spas and hot springs or relaxing and enjoying the best views of the spectacular Arenal Volcano.
Because we are well located on the main road, all is within easy access. We encourage everyone who is planning on visiting to read the reviews of our home to help determine your decision for your visit to this lovely part of the world.
We have been a Bed and Breakfast for about 15 years, with excellent reviews in the guide books, Our housekeeper/cook Miriam is local, friendly, helpful and has developed a great reputation for her breakfasts, which you can read about in the reviews. She is the soul of the place.
Security: Although the property is on the main road, with easy access to all the local attractions, it is gated, fenced, on a partial rise, and thus very safe and private. The newly formed ‘tourist police’ make regular checks with all the property owners.
Due to health concerns I’m going to be selling the Posada. Anyone interested in living a wonderful life style, meeting great people from all over the world, and actually getting paid to do it, should give me a call. Very reasonably priced, well below appraised value.
Happy Customer Testimonials.
You can can see dozens of very happy customer testimonials on the Homeaway.com website here.
- “You are always nervous when you book a property based on the solely the pictures, but they are exactly correct! this place is awesome. from the birds in the morning, to the breakfasts, to the house itself, it’s the perfect place in fortuna! not to mention the privacy of having your own home with a gated entrance.”
- “WOW! This property is incredibly beautiful and perfectly located. It is just outside La Fortuna, so it’s close to everything you need. Its short drive from the city center leaves you feeling safe and secluded. (We felt comfortable sleeping with just a screen door on the first floor.) It’s also just a hop, skip, and a jump to the many hot springs resorts and the park at Arenal.”
- “The setting and staff truly make this an perfect vacation location that you will want to return to again and again.”
- “Posada Colonial is so much more than a typical Bread and Breakfast! The beautiful colonial home can accommodate up to five guests and the accommodations include the entire house! The genuinely accommodating owner lives next door so you have both privacy and help nearby if necessary. It really feels like a home away from home but so much better!”
- “We have stayed at Posada Colonial for almost a week and it was fantastik. The place is so very beautiful and clean . Everything was perfect. We enjoyed every moment there.”
- “Traveling with four friends in Costa Rica we went to this gorgeous home words or photos could never describe how peaceful and enjoyable life cold be there Mirian was wonderful and the breakfest was fantastic.”
- “My first trip to a tropical country and I couldn’t have had a better introduction. The trip from the airport via shuttle worked perfectly. The house is magnificent. We were welcomed by both Miriam and Mireya who are wonderful people.”
Highly Rated B&B For Sale By Owner in Arenal, Costa Rica $650,000
We would always recommend that you have have your own attorney confirm that all is in order before you make a final offer for any land or home.
If you have a serious interest in buying this Arenal B&B, please email the owner Grant here.
Are you interested in this property?
Please fill out the form below or click this link to email us.
Are you into beautiful Costa Rica?
All interesting things you want to know about Costa Rica are right here in our newsletter! Enter your email and press "subscribe" button.