Zoning plan for Playa Bandera

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Zoning plan for Playa Bandera

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bandera

Does anyone know if they ever finished the Zoning Plan? I read that the next beach south is going to do a Zoning Plan.
    Stan

dkt2u

Stan, to the best of my knowledge the bulk of the new Plan Regulador has been completed and people whos property has been included in the new plano have started applying for concessions and building permits. There are several new homes in Bandera along the beach road that have just been built in the last 12 months. The area still in question in Bandera is all the way down the beach road, right before you get to the lake on the right hand side. Two large pieces of land on the right side before you get to the lake, and all of the lots on the opposite side of the lake are still in question and may or may not at some point be declared a protected area. This section of Bandera was not included in the new plano and given approval for concessions. People who do have current paperwork on those lots only have what amounts to a “soil use” permit that expires at a specified date. There have always been so many questions about Bandera so we sat down with Marvin at the Municipality and had him explain and point out to us on copies of the new plano exactly what the borders were. It is out of the Municipalities hands as far as what designation will eventually be given to that additional section of Bandera.

Bandera

Thank you Sir
    This is what I like about this website forum. There are alot of good people here with a world of knowledge. Scott doesn’t charge us a cent. Thank you Scott.
    Sir can I email you my survey and see if you can remember what status it has? I will gladly pay you for your time. Email me please.
    Muchas Gracias
    Stan

Neilgriffin

Yes it’s great that people here offer so much personal knowledge … does anyone happen to know about the status of concessions just one beach down in Palo Seco?

Bandera

I read last week that they were going to start a zoning plan. In A. M. Costa Rica.
    Stan

Neilgriffin

I’m not sure what that means “start a zoning plan” …when I talked to Marvin last in January he said the Plano Regulador had been done but a mistake had been made by not including the back road of Palo Seco so they were waiting on receiving a revised one from MINEA or whichever group did that aspect of the process. Is that different from the “zoning plan”? I’ll gone online and see if I can find the AM Costa Rica article you referred to …this is all so confusing. I also heard that some people have received their concessions in Palo Seco, which I also can’t undertand how that can happen, if we’re all supposedly waiting on the zoning plan ………..makes my head spin! Thanks again for any new knowledge or hearsay….

Bandera

Thank you
    The Plano Regulador is the spanish words for. I have asked several lawyers. Does Senor Marvin speak english?
    Stan

Neilgriffin

Marvin doesn’t speak much English…. our discussions have all been in Spanish, and I’m with a native speaker when we talk…he had mentioned that other areas north of Palo Seco had started to receive concessions, so we assumed it was Bandera, Esterillos etc……but I also heard on here about someone who got their Palo Seco concession. Seems to me if there’s no ready zoning plan, nobody should be receiving them yet ….but everyone has their own story…Sally who owns La Isla said to me at one point it was all approved and we simply needed to get our building permits ….Marvin didn’t seem to concur when we asked him abou that in January …..so we wait until further notice….

Bandera

I really appreciate your information. Did you get any copies? I have asked some people that live in the area that you have suggested and suggested to ask you to send me some maps here in the USA. It is worth it to me to pay you. So will you do this for me?
    stan@banderabeachestates.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.