Your retirement funds – Is it time to exit the stock market?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Your retirement funds – Is it time to exit the stock market?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    sprite

There are a lot of people who have life savings in 401k’s and the markets. I have trouble imagining what all those people will do and how they will react when they are ruined financially by the coming reset.

squigglesrus

Ok – so it’s been mentioned by several folks now that they “got out” of the market. So, I have to ask — where did you put your money and how well has it worked for you? I am one of those with the majority of my investments sitting in the US market. I’ve done very well since 2008, but I too believe that’s it’s a completely propped-up system that is due for a reset at some point soon. I’d rather not see everything disappear overnight!!

Thx!

bogino
    Participant

[quote=”squigglesrus”]Ok – so it’s been mentioned by several folks now that they “got out” of the market. So, I have to ask — where did you put your money and how well has it worked for you? I am one of those with the majority of my investments sitting in the US market. I’ve done very well since 2008, but I too believe that’s it’s a completely propped-up system that is due for a reset at some point soon. I’d rather not see everything disappear overnight!!

Thx![/quote]

You’re doing the right thing it would seem. Just try and remain “[b]diversified[/b]”. Although a “correction” may occur there are no indicators suggesting the end of Western Civilization. Doom and Gloomers have been around forever and continue to get it [b]WRONG[/b]. Christ: I still have Ravi Batra’s “[b]The Great Depression of 1990[/b]” and I’m STILL waiting for a “[b]Great Depression[/b]”.

davidd

that forbes article was excellent..

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2013/04/29/why-doomsters-who-predict-the-collpase-of-money-are-wrong/

I am confused about when the topic of halving is discussed. and its effect on middle class.. interesting.

anyone who includes a specific date in any predication is speaking out of their arses.

anyone can find and support any position regarding this or any other matter.. and its all a click away..

It will as always boil down to individuals making their OWN decisions using their brains. pure and simple.. not blindingly listening to these pundits.. and politicians.. or anyone else..

Use your own brain..

If one goes back in history regarding FIAT currency.. has any one fiat currency survived???

[quote=”sweikert925″]I’m with bogino on this one. Yes, sometimes the stock market goes down and sometimes by quite a bit but that is normal. I don’t get this insistence on the part of some that something cataclysmic is about to happen.

I came across [url=http://www.costaricantimes.com/stocks-will-collapse-by-50-in-2014/26995]this story in the Costa Rican Times[/url] that makes a pretty specific prediction. I saved the link because I wondered if somehow, mysteriously, it will no longer work come January 1, 2015. (Isn’t it funny that the guys who peddle this theory always seem to have – by strange coincidence – a book for sale that explains how to avoid the catastrophe?) Now if you clicked that link nand read that “news story” then you got only one side of the picture. [url=http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2013/04/29/why-doomsters-who-predict-the-collpase-of-money-are-wrong/]Here is the other side.[/url][/quote]

Andrew
    Keymaster

Being “right” or “wrong” with any investment is not important – you can sometimes be wrong with your initial investment criteria and still make money and you can be correct with your initial assumptions and still lose money.

The most important thing is that you decide on what level of risk you are financially and emotionally capable of handling, that you are managing your risk to the best of your abilities and that you are making money…

sprite

[quote=”Scott”]Being “right” or “wrong” with any investment is not important – you can sometimes be wrong with your initial investment criteria and still make money and you can be correct with your initial assumptions and still lose money.

The most important thing is that you decide on what level of risk you are financially and emotionally capable of handling, that you are managing your risk to the best of your abilities and that you are making money…

[/quote]

Scott,
    You are addressing the issue of proper money management, a subject I am certain of which you are an expert. I am talking about the coming evisceration of most paper instruments. I am not timing the event, only pointing out that it seems to me to be imminent and inevitable.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.