Xmas in CR

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Xmas in CR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scurrie

My family and I are visiting CR over the festive season and very much looking forward to our trip. We are spending the first week in Tamarindo and then renting a 4×4 to drive down to the Dominical area.We will be arriving in Liberia around 5pm on December the 25th so by the time we get to Tamarindo it will be after 6pm. As our hotel is on the small side it does not have a restaurant. I have a feeling it is going to be difficult to find somewhere to eat on Xmas day. If anyone has any suggestions it would certainly be appreciated as I will have two hungry and tired girls with me and I don’t want to get off to a bad start.

Cheers
    Steve

grb1063

Many business will close for the entire week, however, in tourism driven aeas this is not always the case. Visit http://www.visittamarindo.com or http://www.tamarindo.com and get restaurant info and e-mails.

matapalo

I live just outside of Tamarindo and have been here for Christmas the last two years. I dont think you’ll have a problem as this is one of the busiest times of the year for our area. I do property management and all my rentals have been booked since around July. If you want to check out a typico fiesta, visit Matapalo. I believe it goes from the 22nd till the 27th and has different events nightly and you can always find good food here too. Be assured though, most restaurants in Tamarindo will be open.

costaricafinca
    Participant

I would advise that it will be about 7pm that you get to your hotel in Tamarindo, not 6pm.

johnr

Actually I would count more around 8:30. Even though the road is much improved, you will still have to get your luggage (not as many workers that night), get your car (not as many cars those two weeks) and lately they have not been filling the cars (although they mark that on your sheet) so you should stop and fill up in either Ciudad, Filadelphia or Belen – if they are open and then – you’ll get to your hotel!

Have fun!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.