XM Radio

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum XM Radio

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bogus1

We will be arriving in Atenas a week from today. I love hearing CNN on my XM Radio. Has anyone brought down an XM Radio? If so, can you get reception?
    Thanks

Andrew
    Keymaster

I do not know the answer to your question but I do know that Costa Rica has quite a few radio stations – Jazz, the university classical station is good too, lots of Latin stations of course and I would like to encourage you to leave CNN and everything like it ‘back home’ and immerse yourself in Costa Rica.

Try listening to Costa Rica radio and before you know it, you’ll be picking up some of the local language too…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

happygirl

I talked to my “geek” son-in-law and his answer was “No” for Xm but “yes” for Sirius.

paumatom

I got decent reception on the beach, (playa negra, guanacaste) but nothing very consistent once I went inland.

crayzrj

3 years ago my xm stopped performing well about el paso texas. didn’t recieve at all anywhere in mexico.

bogus1

Scott,
    I appreciate your reply, and am looking forward to what you suggest. However, I love the country where I was born and raised, and would like to keep current with what is happening while I am in Costa Rica. Most of the time, when watching CNN (especially Lou Dobbs) I get very upset with the way the country is headed. But, I still need to know. Again, thanks Scott – really looking forward to getting away from it all in spite of how I feel about my country.

Take care,

I have tried XM and Sirus in the San Ramon area and could not get either one.
    Mingo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.