wood cabinets

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum wood cabinets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cindyc

I’m building a house south of Quepos and have been told that wood cabinets crack and do not do well in that environment; I’ve been advised to do laminates. I hate to do this since there are so many beautiful woods in CR, any advice?

Cindy

robsoilman

Read Scott’s great article on the furniture stores in Sarchi. I think as long as the wood is properly dried before the cabinets are made you will not have any problems. My wife and I have a little hotel right on the beach near Quepos (Cabinas la Tranquilidad) and we have lots of beautiful tropical wood cabinets and furniture which have been there for a number of years without any cracking.

I think it would be a terrible shame to have to go with laminates with such incredibly beautiful tropical hardwoods all around us. In case you didn’t know, many of these species are naturally resistent to termites and decay.

dkt2u

We have friends that moved alot of furniture down from the states and everything that had any sort of laminate buckled, cracked, split, etc. with the humidity. Go with the natural woods of the area and you’ll be happy.

linlsd1

Cindy where are you moving there? Is it acreage or a development with lots?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.