Why won’t the Tico’s kick out the illegal gringo

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Why won’t the Tico’s kick out the illegal gringo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    scottbenson

Costa Ricans Deported From The US

According to United States officials, a Costa Rican is deported from the United States every day.

The majority of the deportees are in the US without a visa and are found illegally working in the U.S., the the Ministry of Domestic Affairs disclosed.

So far this year, 240 Ticos – a majority of them men – have been deported from the United States, whose authorities have stepped up the controls on illegal immigrants

My question is how long will it take for Costa Rica to step up the process of deporting illegal gringos?

ed f

Seems that the Costa Rican government has set it up pretty well.
    Come in under their rules applying for residency, or play the PT game and take your chances.
    In either instance most expats do add to the economy without receiving benefits/services availed to CR citizens.

dockers

ed hit the nail on the head. gringos spend money. i know people who didn’t exit for years so record stamp and no record in the computer, but they then flew out and then back in with no problem upon reentry.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Gringos do spend money here but some might also say that when a Gringo or any other expat comes here and spends his little bit of money paying into the CAJA (the socialized medical program) that he/she is getting a whole lot more than he/she paid for.., would you not agree?

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

ed f

Scott has a point—if one is willing to put up with the wait and inconvenience of using CAJA, it is very inexpensive and likely would be a loss for the system.

Wouldn’t most pay straight out of pocket, if they had the money, especially given the low comparative cost?
    I agree that there are exceptions though.

*Lotus

I have no problem with a Costa Rican or Mexican etc…working in the US legally or illegally. Not many Americans willing to do the kind of work they do anyway. In NYC if all the illegals were thrown out my friends in the restaurant business tell me the elites would not be able to eat. They also can not find Americans to work the crazy hours and as hard. That said most of the gringos working in real estate in CR are selling to other gringos a job a lot of Ticos may not be able to do because of language. The ones who are bilingual could work in that business and I’m sure do well. I would much rather work with a Tico to help me find a property as long as he/she is competent, knowledgeable and honest. This type of situation occurs everywhere you have expats coming to live for various reasons. I know there is some stress in France with all the English that come over to buy vacation homes and retire for similar reasons gringos go to Costa Rica.

aguirrewar

scottbenson forgot to add that the Costa Rican nationals (proportionaly) deported from the US is a very small percentage compared to people from Countries like Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Haiti etc.

I have had members from my wifes family come for 6 months on tourist visas to the US and work for those 6 months. Most of them are truck drivers and well sought from transport companies because they are responsible, dependable and show to work everyday.

May add that 99% of them return after those 6 months.

This phenomenon happen’s all over the world. In Spain there are thousands of illegals from Africa and South America, the US, well you know, Canada also has a problem.

There are hundreds of reasons why people leave their country but all are just trying to better themselves some have little school and others have some college. One trend I have found is that more women are trying to enter the US than men. This is being documented with the famous raids the INS does on some factories in the midwest of the US.

One thing about being Illegal in any country is that you have NO protection what so ever. You are taking a big chance and if you are a victim of a crime then you are alone without the benefit of help from any Goverment agency.

Warren

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.