Why ruin it?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Why ruin it?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jasman

OK, I guess this is just a personal rant. Many, many times I have read posts on this forum and many others, by people who want to move to Costa Rica to find an “unspoiled” location to move to, some place that hasn’t been discovered by tourists or ruined by tourism. And what do they want to do when they get there? Open a B&B. In other words, turn it into a tourist destination. Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture?

senta

To Jasman
    On one point you may be right: Some of us gringos thinking of open a B&B and some others want to sell real estate to other gringos and the rest has enough money to buy an expensive home in a gated development. But for most of us who do not have that kind of money to throw around and SS is not enough or still to young to sit in a rocking chair: There are not that many opportunities, as I can see it, in CR. Granted, one can say than stay in the US, but I am for one (and my wife also) are fed up the way things going lately in the US. Nevertheless we are still determined to make this move too. So, with our next visit we are trying to figure out what else besides B&B we can do. If you got a good idea, I am open to suggestions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.