Whoops or Hooray? Costa Rica accidentally passes gay civil unions!!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Whoops or Hooray? Costa Rica accidentally passes gay civil unions!!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    davidd

Sweikerts back!!! 🙂

we should all be ok now lol

:shock::shock::shock:

I do find it interesting that you chose the topic to rpely to

hmmmm???

anyway.. its all good

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″]
    Actually, I wasn’t being sarcastic but the comment about sitting around all day was uncalled for and an unjustified assumption so I apologize for that. [/quote]
    Thank you for your apology. Even though not all of us have “jobs”, most of us stay busy with household activities, community service activities and programs, volunteering, group activities etc.

[quote=”sweikert925″]
    However if you are that busy then I am puzzled as to why you were so surprised that I hadn’t posted any messages for a few days. Is it a surprise to learn that I might lead a busy life too?[/quote]
    OK, I have to inquire. Please do tell us what it is that you do when your busy life involves you doing it. I think you have to admit that based on the frequency of your WLCR participation in the short time since you have joined us, it may be difficult for some of us to understand how you can be so “busy”. Now, if you had said that you had been busy enjoying the long holiday weekend, that may have been more plausible, at least to me.

[quote=”sweikert925″]
    I have regularly been insulted by posters who include all kinds of faces as if that made the insults OK. [/quote]
    Now that is truly an interesting statement! “I have regularly been insulted by posters……”
    Honestly, why do you feel that people are insulting you? And even more interesting, are they really insulting you or do you simple perceive their comments to be insults simply because they may disagree with you? Another interesting consideration is that the majority of them may indeed be intended as insults, and if so, why do you think that people would take the time and effort to do that? Is it at all possible that it may actually have something to do with you or your demeanor?

sprite

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”sprite”]
    US News media has an agenda. [/quote]

Of course they do – their agenda is to make as much money as possible. Do you really think Rupert Murdoch is bowing to the demands of the US or any other government?

If the US media are lackeys of the federal government then why are they so quick to pounce on stories such as the NSA monitoring case?[/quote]

Silly boy! The US media did not pounce on the NSA story. They were forced to report it by one reporter and this is old news for most of us anyway. It only seems like news to naive people like you who swallow some or all the lies that the government and the lackey media spew out.

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”sprite”][quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”sprite”]
    US News media has an agenda. [/quote]

Of course they do – their agenda is to make as much money as possible. Do you really think Rupert Murdoch is bowing to the demands of the US or any other government?

If the US media are lackeys of the federal government then why are they so quick to pounce on stories such as the NSA monitoring case?[/quote]

Silly boy! The US media did not pounce on the NSA story. They were forced to report it by one reporter and this is old news for most of us anyway. It only seems like news to naive people like you who swallow some or all the lies that the government and the lackey media spew out.[/quote]

Please take note that the original story and release of this story was by the Guardian…. an English newspaper. You have to wonder why it wasn’t a US based new organization?

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”imxploring”]
    Please take note that the original story and release of this story was by the Guardian…. an English newspaper. You have to wonder why it wasn’t a US based new organization?
    [/quote]

I should think the answer to that was blindingly obvious – because Edward Snowden approached the Guardian with his information – they didn’t ferret the story out. And he did that for also obvious reasons – The Guardian is a notoriusly left-wing newspaper who would relish printing it. It was they who also broke the story a couple of years ago about the phones of UK citizens being hacked by other members of the UK press, so they have a track record on that issue.

Of course you’d have to ask Snowden how he specifically came to choose that outlet. Or you could just wait a bit – I’m sure it will be in his no doubt soon-to-be-published memoirs.[/quote]

I guess we’re going to have to redefine “left-wing” as a person or organization willing to stand up to the US government and let the truth be heard.

As far as their “relishing” the printing of this story and the facts surrounding it…. isn’t the freedom of the press one of the basic pillars of the checks and balances that helps to keep a “government of the people” from becoming a dictatorship?

Perhaps Snowden is a lot wiser than folks give him credit. He knew that releasing the information to an offshore news organization was the only way to be sure the story was told. That’s a pretty sad commentary on the press in the US.

Jerry

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”costaricabill”]
    Now that is truly an interesting statement! “I have regularly been insulted by posters……”
    Honestly, why do you feel that people are insulting you?
    [/quote]

I’ve already expounded at length on that topic – in fact, in a reply addressed to you. So I don’t think I need to repeat myself.

However there were 2 recent examples of that committed by you. On the topic of the canal being proposed for Nicaragua, I suggested that the Sandinistas may lose power again someday. That’s all. Imxploring and you both disagreed with that, but he could do so without suggesting I was ignorant about Central America and Nicaragua but you, apparently, couldn’t.

[On a side note, it’s never a good idea to argue that something can never happen. Never is a very long time. If the theoretical physicists are correct, the universe has an infinite number of possibilities, all of which will happen eventually. As a Chicago Cubs fan I find that idea more than usually appealing.]

On the topic of this thread, we were having a perfectly polite conversation about all kinds of subjects and none of my earlier comments were even addressed to you and yet you felt an overwhelming urge to point out how nice it was that I hadn’t posted anything for 9 days. Not only an insult but a totally gratuitous one. So in light of those facts you are much better qualified to answer your own question than I am.

[quote=”costaricabill”]
    And even more interesting, are they really insulting you or do you simple perceive their comments to be insults simply because they may disagree with you? [/quote]

You can’t dispute that imxploring and I get into some pretty strong disagreements but even he has conceded that he no longer feels the need to insult me when he does so. Even sprite manages to be civil even though he and I are VERY far apart politically.

What was particularly disappointing was that we had a pretty civil exchange recently about where I was planning to settle in CR so your insult earlier in this thread was particularly jarring.[/quote]

Just what WAS the topic here, anyhow???

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.