White sand beach

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum White sand beach

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    VictoriaLST

So, here we are living in the Arenal area and I need a nice vacation on the coast. White sand beach and nothing to do (we have a little finca and there is always something to do). Maybe an all inclusive. Who has a suggestion?

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]So, here we are living in the Arenal area and I need a nice vacation on the coast. White sand beach and nothing to do (we have a little finca and there is always something to do). Maybe an all inclusive. Who has a suggestion?[/quote]

You know, it’s hard to beat the white sand beaches along the west coast of Florida. If you are thinking “all inclusive” and not “the real Costa Rica” you might want to try Clearwater Beach, or Lido Key, or Destin – they are all beautiful and offer all of the maddening haste and confusion of an “all inclusive”.

waggoner41

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]So, here we are living in the Arenal area and I need a nice vacation on the coast. White sand beach and nothing to do (we have a little finca and there is always something to do). Maybe an all inclusive. Who has a suggestion?[/quote]

It is good to remember that the [b]”there is always something to do”[/b] accumulates.
    You can count on double the things to do for the same period of time that you are away.
    Having just returned from a month in the States I am looking at double the things to do for the next month. 😆

VictoriaLST

Ahh if only Florida were a two hour drive away. I just want to sneak away from the finca for a few days, and flying just isn’t in the cards (all that flapping makes my arms tired…)

costaricafinca
    Participant

You may want to consider the all inclusive [url=http://www.riu.com/en/Paises/costa-rica/guanacaste/hotel-riu-guanacaste/index.jsp]Hotel RIU,[/url] near Playas del Coco. Hubby was on the beach the other day, and said it looked very nice. Quite busy for the last day of school vacation.

lvc1028

[quote=”costaricafinca”]You may want to consider the all inclusive [url=http://www.riu.com/en/Paises/costa-rica/guanacaste/hotel-riu-guanacaste/index.jsp]Hotel RIU,[/url] near Playas del Coco. Hubby was on the beach the other day, and said it looked very nice. Quite busy for the last day of school vacation.[/quote]

Or what about Playa Hermosa…love La Finisterra up on the hill (fantastic views and nice rooms) or the Belmar/Sevilla right on the beach (includes b’fast). Its location can’t be beat, prices cheap but the rooms are a little tired. And then you could do a little side trip to Guatil and buy some great pottery. After all the heat, you’ll be glad to get back home.

Another possibility…Brasilito. Conchal Hotel has a really cute set up. The 9 rooms or so are set around the pool. It’s all very private, tropical and secluded and quite nice. And there are lots of beaches in the area as well as restaurants.

Evrodd

Playa Hermosa is beautiful, but it is more of a grey-to-tan sand beach than a white sand beach. I love the cliff-top view of the palm-fringed playa from La Finisterra’s wonderful ocean-view pool, but it is closed for renovations. We just got back from Samara, which was lovely and an easy and enjoyable drive from Nuevo Arenal. Also more tan-to-grey than white, though. Take the southerly route over the Amistad bridge. Tamarindo was pretty, too, and I suspect there are more luxury options there. Not sure if there are any truly white sand beaches on the Pacific Coast. Playa Uva on the Caribbean is supposed to be world class but haven’t had the chance to check it out yet. It’s a long rainy season, though.

perroloco

The Westin in Playa Conchal. Its an all inclusive and located on a white sand beach. Enjoy!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.