Where to buy furniture made in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Where to buy furniture made in Costa Rica

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bcw44

Hi Scott, I have a house near San Ramon and I was wondering how and where to buy locally made furniture that is not made for tourists. Thanks Barb

Andrew
    Keymaster

I don’t know how “local” you want it but the best place to go is the furniture capital of Costa Rica – Sarchi which can’t be more than an hour away from you in San Ramon.

There are dozens of stores/workshops there …

All I did six years ago was to take a long some glossy magazines with the King sized and Queen sized bed design I wanted and they made it for me out of gorgeous Guanacaste wood.

They also made a dining room table and six chairs, a mammoth ‘L’ shaped office desk for me, four bedside cabinets, a large coffee table and a an enormous wall unit big enough for a large television (for my girlfriend at the time) in the centre – (Since I don’t watch TV, I have since halved that wall unit and now have two).

All of that came to about $2,000 at the time. Not bad for custom designed, hand made furniture…

Scott

jasman

Speaking of furniture, I’m very interested in bamboo furniture. Do a google image search of bamboo furniture, and you’ll see dozens of great pictures. Does anyone know of a place that specializes in making furniture from bamboo?

Thanks,

John

bcw44

Hi Scott, Thankyou very much for the information about Sarchi/furniture. Perhaps you know places to have wrought iron panels and gates made and plantation style shuttered doors and bifold french doors. A lot of questions, sorry!!!! Thanks Barb.

jenny

I have purchased a lot of furniture in Costa Rica and I know many places to go and purchase furniture including mattresses direct. Stay away from the main drag in Sarchi. If you like you can Drive through the town of Palmaris and find many factories. Stay out of Sarchi go to Palmaris it is a lot cheaper and most of the things that are sold in Sarchi are made in Palmaris.

If you are looking for Wicker or Bambo you can find some places in Narango or on the outskirts of Sarchi.

kidstuff

There is a bamboo furniture store on the autopista someplace between Grecia and San Ramon. nearer San Ramon than Grecia. I believe that it was on the left going toward San Ramon.

Andrew
    Keymaster

This first posted in the wrong place… Scott inserting it here…

———————————–

Artesania en Bambu Hildago is located on the autopista just outside of Naranjo. Prices and craftsmanship are great. They deliver for large orders. Phone: 451-5304.

Fran

Hi there,
    There are many kind of wood doors at factory in Alajuela,
    try writing to alvaranci@gmail.com

lot of luck

eficostarica

Hello,

In front of the main Entrance of the Costa Rican Country club there is a furniture store that makes wrought iron custom designs.

Good luck.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.