Where to buy dogs in Costa Rica?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Where to buy dogs in Costa Rica?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GEEGEE

After reading about shipping dogs. I think I would rather
    buy a dog in Costa Rica if possible. We want two good possible watch dogs/pets.

Is there good pet stores or breeders?

Thanks,

geegee

waggoner41

[quote=”GEEGEE”] After reading about shipping dogs. I think I would rather
    buy a dog in C.R if possible. We want two good possible
    watch dogs/ pets.

Is there good pet stores or breeders?

Thanks,

geegee[/quote]

Obviously you are looking for pure breed dogs but you may find them in the rescue shelters here. Use your favorite search engine and enter “dogs costa rica rescue”. You will find many shelters listed and that may be the best place to start.

We have six mongrel doge here that we have rescued and they are acting as our security. We are currently looking for a home for two of them. If you might be interested you can PM me for pix and information.

Andrew
    Keymaster

If you must buy one instead of adopting one …

I know the people (Carlos & Christine) behind the Pets y Mas (Pets and More) magazine [ http://www.petsymas.com/ ] and as genuine animal lovers, they only allow advertisers that they believe in …

Take a look at [ http://www.petsymas.com/publicidad/publicidad/criaderos.htm ] for the different breeders and click on Más información to see which breeds they work with and to see their contact information …

Scott

maravilla

there is a woman in piedades sur who has rescued 150 dogs who now live in the best shelter i have ever seen. please do not support the pet industry by buying a dog when there are literally thousands of homeless dogs in this country who would love to have a home. Helene Wirt is an angel for these animals. She has lots of fotos posted on her facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001285007181

or you can google Queridos Perros. She has some lovely dogs and places them in homes all over the world. Surely she has one or two or three that would be wonderful pets for your family.

costaricafinca
    Participant

It is not up to us to tell you that many dogs are put out on the street, and you may have a particular breed in mind. Maybe you could tell us what exactly you are looking for?

GEEGEE

[quote=”costaricafinca”]It is not up to us to tell you that many dogs are put out on the street, and you may have a particular breed in mind. Maybe you could tell us what exactly you are looking for?[/quote]

GEEGEE wrote:

RE: Where to buy nice puppy dogs.[b] dobermans,shepards, rock wielder

Posted Saturday, May 28, 2011 at 7:00 PM

GEEGEE wrote:

This is what I would be looking for.
    When we move in about 3-4 months.
    thanks,
    gg

costaricafinca
    Participant

I did PM [b]GEEGEE[/b] with a suggestion.
    We have 12 dogs, with most being former street dogs that were dropped off at the farm, the newest yesterday, but understand why some people would like a particular breed of dog or pup. All but 3 are ‘fixed’.
    Our worker purchased 2 female German shepherd pups and hopes to breed them.

Versatile

[quote=”costaricafinca”]I did PM [b]GEEGEE[/b] with a suggestion.
    We have 12 dogs, with most being former street dogs that were dropped off at the farm, the newest yesterday, but understand why some people would like a particular breed of dog or pup. All but 3 are ‘fixed’.
    Our worker purchased 2 female German shepherd pups and hopes to breed them.[/quote]

You are aware that in the event your porch collapses and kills two or more dogs then you might be a Redneck. lol That is what they say around here anyway.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.