Where are the Developer’s projects?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Where are the Developer’s projects?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bettybryan

If buying a home through a Developer is better than through a Real Estate person, how do I find these developers and what areas are being or have been developed. We would rather have a house already built that we could inspect(My husband is a Home Inspector). We are looking for reasonably priced housing. We are retired and hoped to live in “paradise” at a price we can afford. We have been looking on the Pacific side, however, housing there appears to be very expensive. We will be in Costa Rica for the first time in a couple of weeks. Looking on the internet for housing has left me feeling like the costs as high there as here in the states.

*Lotus

check out the central valley, San Ramon, Grecia, Atenas etc..thats where you can have a great climate, close to San Jose for all the best services and about an hour to the Pacific beaches.And it seems like you can get a nice home and land for about $100k. This website has a service to help you find a property…sounds like a good idea for you. Most of the developments along the central Pacific in gated communities where you are buying land and house are expensive. There are a couple of condo projects in Jaco where you can buy starting at about $150k if that’s your thing. There are a couple of guys at http://www.costaricaltd.com building inexpensive homes(relatively)but they are jammed together.Goodluck!

wmaes47

The best abvise that can be given is more than one trip to see all parts of the country:

– Do you like the rainy season of about six months

– Do you like the dry season of about six months

– Do you want to live near a fault line or away

– Do you like rain most of the year

– Do you like heat and bugs

– Do you like high altitude and very cool weather

– Do you want seclusion or many friends from your country of origin

– Do you like dry, where leaves fall of trees and they go dormant until rain

There are many “do you like” that I can add here. All of the above will give you a general idea of many areas of Costa Rica.

Make more than one trip. This country could be a culture shock. Find the area you like then visit it during different times of the year.

Then and only then, find a place to rent and get to know the people of that area. When you have accomplished the knowledge of the local people in the area you want to live, then you will be able to ask and locate that special place to live.

As a home inspector from wherever you live, your husband will be taken aback to what he finds in the way homes are built here. Suicide Shower Heads, No “P” traps, Inadequate Septic Systems, PVC Used for Everything… and it goes on… This is what you will find, unless you design the home yourself or purchase from a developer who has set his sights to please the buyer…

This is a totally new world. Get to know if before you set your sites on “paradise”.

Wheeeeewwwww…..

Edited on Apr 18, 2006 21:58

I can put you in touch with the Developer that my brother and I are using. He is a personal friend and is currently building in Playas del Coco for prices between 100K and 200K.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.