What the Navy has landed but no one is running?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum What the Navy has landed but no one is running?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    ticorealtor

I think people don’t want to say anything when the U.S. does good things!
    [url=http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=7089285&fbid=488341273227&id=71189598227]U.S embassy[/url]

Andrew
    Keymaster

Yeah! That really is ONE sweet photograph…

We saw a few of those sweet, heart warming photographs at the beginning of the ILLEGAL invasion of Iraq too, soldiers handing out gifts to kids in the streets of Baghdad then, we saw some very, very different bloody photographs…

I am NOT at all saying that’s what’s going to happen in Costa Rica but the primary goal of the US Armed Forces or any Armed Forces is NOT “humanitarian aid”.

We haven’t seen the photographs of the bodies of the 600,000+ Iraqis – most of whom were civilians – who have been murdered as a result of the ILLEGAL invasion of Iraq either.

We also haven’t been allowed to see the photographs of the 4,000+ patriotic and very dead US servicemen who were flown home following the ILLEGAL invasion of Iraq in their cold caskets or …

We haven’t seen photographs of the tens of thousands of mentally and physically disabled US servicemen who have come “home” to a bleak, miserable and very painful future.

We haven’t seen photographs of the hundreds of soldiers who have committed suicide after coming home from an ILLEGAL war that they were sent to based on deception and lies.

We haven’t seen photographs of the huge number of grotesquely deformed babies that have been born in Fallujah – far worse than what was experienced in Japan after the US used nuclear weapons to attack Hiroshima/Nagasaki – caused by the US Armed Forces who were the only people who had and who have used Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) in Iraq.

Those “depleted” uranium WMD are killing US servicemen and Iraqi civilians and will continue to do so for millions of years but yes…

That’s a really sweet photograph!

Scott Oliver – Peace lover and Founder of …
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

waggoner41

[quote=”ticorealtor”]I think people don’t want to say anything when the U.S. does good things!
    [url=http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=7089285&fbid=488341273227&id=71189598227]U.S embassy[/url][/quote]

[b]In God we trust but no other.[/b]

When the Costa Rican Fuerza Publica seems to be doing a better job of interdiction than the FBI and the country is dedicated to medical care and education for all, the stated reasons for this “visit” do seem slighly contrived.

Although there are some here who can use humanitarian assistance why does the U.S. ignore their own in need of humanitarian assistance?

areca

[quote=”ticorealtor”]I think people don’t want to say anything when the U.S. does good things!
    [url=http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=7089285&fbid=488341273227&id=71189598227]U.S embassy[/url][/quote]

Nice photos, smiling faces, warm fuzzies, but that is not why they are here.

You think 7,000 miliary people were sent here to peel paint, the little boy could have done that. Or play with a child at the clinic??? The caja clinics may be busy, normal busy most everyday, but there is no need to see 1,000 extra people a day.

This is total smoke in your face. These may be nice guys, they may not even know why they are really here. Humanitarian aid, sounds good, no “real” truth to it! No emergency on that peeling paint.

johnr

Boy oh boy. Can someone explain why a few 1000 people are showing up to get medical assistance if there is no need? Really I want some insight.

Yesterday they interviewed a guy that was going for hernia surgery for a problem he’s had for three years. Just looking for an explanation?

The self feeding paranoia is really starting to piss me off.

Also – Scott – being a former Royal Marine – did you ever take part in Humanitarian Aid?

Here is some background

http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/concepts_humanitarian.html

areca

[i][quote=”johnr”]Boy oh boy. Can someone explain why a few 1000 people are showing up to get medical assistance if there is no need? Really I want some insight.

Yesterday they interviewed a guy that was going for hernia surgery for a problem he’s had for three years. Just looking for an explanation?[/i]

How about all of the US citizens in the US who need operations and can not afford them, have no insurance, lost their jobs…is our military giving them Humanitarian Aid??? Are their needs any less??? It is their tax dollars that are floating these ships.

Andrew
    Keymaster

The Royal Marine Commandos do not do humanitarian aid…

If this ship showed up off the coast of anywhere in the USA offering free medical treatment, we all know that a LOT more than 1,000 people would show up…

Lastly, if the “the self feeding paranoia is really starting to piss” you off please do the adult thing and choose what you read and what you do not read.

Scott

costaricafinca
    Participant

Unfortunately, it often it takes 3 years for surgery through the CAJA system.
    Last week while my husband was in the bank, a well dressed man …as they usually are… approached the car window to show me a paper with info on it regarding a huge tumor on the back of his neck and that he was trying to raise funds to get it removed. This was the size of a large grapefruit, and I said to my husband when he returned, [i]”why do you think nothing has been done for this man by CAJA?”[/i]
    [b]¡Muchas gracias![/b] to the men and women on these medical teams!

areca

[quote=”costaricafinca”]Unfortunately, it often it takes 3 years for surgery through the CAJA system.

lets not forget about are all of those Costa Ricans in San Jose with half of a body lining the sidewalks… Why?

And in the US, in addition to our citizens who need operations but have no money, no job, no insurance, we have returning military who are not getting proper treatment. But the military is here. The US needs to clean their own house, take care of their own children, mentally ill, broke citizens, unemployed, schools, crumbling economy, broken infastructure, dead fish, poisoned Gulf of Mexico, drug smuggling. Instead, they are here to save the Costa Rican people.

And maybe attack Chavez inbetween their Community Service smoke screen.

johnr

[quote=”Scott”]The Royal Marine Commandos do not do humanitarian aid…

If this ship showed up off the coast of anywhere in the USA offering free medical treatment, we all know that a LOT more than 1,000 people would show up…

Lastly, if the “the self feeding paranoia is really starting to piss” you off please do the adult thing and choose what you read and what you do not read.

Scott[/quote]

and I do not see an issue if more than 1000 citizens would show up for free medical aid.

I just find it interesting that being former military you closed and reopened the original thread and then today you are again pounding the “illegal” war and all of the human suffering going on. I gotta tell you I agree with a lot of that but the US Military can and does offer humanitarian aid without a hidden agenda.

I mentioned in the other thread that if native Costa Ricans or expats from other countries DO NOT think that the US Military is NOT in CR everyday of the week then they are just fooling themselves.

Go park up at the Liberia airport and watch the air crews enter the AWACS up there. The only reason CR can still afford NOT to have a military is because of the United States. That is great for Costa Rica but people really have to stop being so naive.

costaricafinca
    Participant

[b]areca[/b] your question of [i]”…lets not forget about are all of those Costa Ricans in San Jose with half of a body lining the sidewalks… Why?” [/i]
    A doctor told me that most of those who have lost limbs, was due to diabetes and the lack of the necessary ‘tools’ to fight this disease. [i]Right or wrong[/i]…who knows?

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”johnr”][quote=”Scott”]The Royal Marine Commandos do not do humanitarian aid…

The only reason CR can still afford NOT to have a military is because of the United States. That is great for Costa Rica but people really have to stop being so naive.[/quote]

We’ll said, johnr!
    If Hugo and Daniel (two of the most popularly elected presidents in our hemisphere) continue to get all buddy-buddy and all of a sudden we have Venezuelan boats patrolling the San Juan river and Hugo’s troops smiling down from the north, I wonder how long it would take for all these folks to beg for U.S. Intervention on C.R.’s behalf?

kevin.smith

RON PAUL 2012! Thats all I can say about amerikas foreign policy and humanitarian aid.Rest assured anything the US gummint has touched in the last 20 years has turned into a giant dusty dog turd. When israhell starts carpet bombing Iran,the straits of hurmoz(SPL?)will be closed and oil will skyrocket,this in turn leaves America no choice but to seize the Panama Canal in return. Or is Nica in hot water for defying the zionists’ and aiding the flotilla,rumor has it the israeli ambassador has been asked to leave Nica,or is it Venezuela? Who knows,but NO good will come out of this spreading of empire.:shock:

sprite

Scott, you and I are always on the same political wave length. Thanks for pointing out the suspicious nature of this military visit from the largest, most powerful economic colonial empire on the planet. Anybody who buys into the story that this is a humanitarian visit is beyond naive and beyond enlightenment as to the true nature of this beast. I don’t argue with such people. Even after the bullets and bodies are in the news, these people will beat their chests harder and wave that old flag higher. I yearn to escape these people but I still find them in Costa Rica.

moonbanks

hey scott I know you were in the service and understand better than most whats going on here…
    all I can say is my son served with the Marine Corp on board the Iwo Jima..I talked to him yesterday and he told me that this was a regularly scheduled Carribean tour…not to worry and dont read anything into this..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.