What is your most fun Adventure in CR

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum What is your most fun Adventure in CR

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    gzeniou

My wife and I like to do very adventurous things. Mountain Biking, Caving, riding bicycles across America, backpacking, etc. What are some of the most adventurous things you have done in Costa Rica?

maravilla

Driving!

gkbiz

http://www.riostropicales.com
    This white water rafting company provides an unbelievable experience. Santiago, our navigator for our raft was excellent with muscles of steel from doing this everyday. We took the 2 day trip (1/2 the trip each day with a break in the middle) with overnight in their rain forest camp on the Pacuare River where all building materials were brought in by raft (no roads there)
    We were 2 adults and one teen. You can “discuss” the price if you book with them directly without a hotel or tour company getting a commission. We are experienced outdoor people and believe me this excursion was a thrill of a lifetime. The Pacuare River is ranked #5 in the world for white water rafting. What a gem for Costa Rica.

costaricafinca
    Participant

We did the [i]Rio Tropicales[/i] trip many years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    We have done many ATV excursions into the back roads as well.
    Right now, my adventure is limited to going into the garden with my camera, for photos of the flower and fauna of Costa Rica.

anneliseped

While I tend to take it easy, I have tried the following with children (age 30-45) and grand children(age 7 – 14)
    1.You have to go Zip-lining, any of the locations are great, some have longer and higher sections, some have more varied wildlife to see!
    2.White water rafting from level 2 – 5 is available, deep-sea fishing snorkling, scuba diving and ocean cayaking are also lots of fun and can be easy or challenging.
    3.Hiking in National parks, try Cangreja…not as well known but more rustic.
    5. I don’t bike but some like mountain biking.
    6. ATV trips all over.
    Have fun!

kshaler
    Participant

Don Lulu’s horseback ride to the Nauyaca waterfalls near Dominical on the road to San Isidro. There are a range of horses available to ride from very passive to lively. Two meals are included and you can dive off of the falls and swim under them. It’s too much fun!!

gkbiz

Could the contributors be more specific naming the location of the adventure site and some more specific details how to find them. Gracias Amigos.

F.A Skippy

Overnight backpacking to the Rio Celeste waterfall. The most majical place on earth.
    Climbing Miravalles is fun too but only for those in good shape.

bogino
    Participant

I agree with Kshaler about Don Lula’s and the Nuayaca Falls horsback ride (for a day trip type thing). That was a Total Blast. I also love to hike a lot and enjoy hirning a local guide to take me into the forest for a day or 2 (without a group of people). I did that in Gandoca Manzanillio and am planning to do that in Corcovado next year(probably spend 3 or 4 days hiking in the park).

sueandchris

HAVE to add my thoughts on the Nuayaca Falls horseback ride. A few years ago we took this adventure. The ride was fun as was the short trek to the falls. Upon arrival, pretty impressed with the BIG falls and the big lagoon for swimming. We decided NOT to attempt climbing up thru the falls (even though assisted by some of Don Lula’s guys) because it was a pretty big jump from the top. Then a guy about 75 did the climb AND the jumped. Shamed into submission, we did it too and had a BLAST! Highly recommended!

Ronny

You can walk to the falls if you drive up to Platanillo and go in by a different trail. You have a good view of Diamante falls on the same road. Once the horse tour folks are gone, you’ll have the place to yourselves.

jim kavney

I understand that you live in Atenas. We are visiting Atenas this week. Is there any way that we might talk or m eet and talk about living in Atenas. We are retirees, age 70+

Yvette

[quote=”gzeniou”]My wife and I like to do very adventurous things. Mountain Biking, Caving, riding bicycles across America, backpacking, etc. What are some of the most adventurous things you have done in Costa Rica?[/quote]

driving up to Arenal Lodge in 2002 many stops to remove rocks in road through deep water puddles etc in a rented carola arriving at the hotel and people sitting on the porch watching me park between their huge 4wheeldrives jaws dropped saying “did you make it up here in that?” That was the least of it. Later that night the three of us drew the drapes and watched the volcano errupt. i’d driven up there many times only to catch a peek between clouds of the lava dripping down. this time OMG! not a cloud in the sky and those were no drips more like house size balls fantastico and happy birthday to friend melanie.

kevin.smith

first trip in 92?? I think,flew into sj and bought a map and drove to Tamarindo,dirt road,2 ice machines and 3 pay phones,the wife was petrified at the fact all I had was 2 airline tickets and a map,that was a memorable trip,surfing up and down the guaanacaste for 34 days would have to be top 10 of all trips.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.