What happened to the Costa Rica Paragon Challenge?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum What happened to the Costa Rica Paragon Challenge?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    texaskent

I have just found your web site today as I was about to send my $35,000 check off to Paragon Properties. I canceled the Fedex pick-up and have been reading all of the posts related to this company. I am wondering why this thread ended in May ’05, not long after Bill Gale, Paragon CEO, took you to task. If the thread continued and I just haven’t found it, please direct me.

Did you ever take him up on his offer to show you the developments or did you ever find anyone that has not been able to get a refund when they asked for one? I think the reward for that last one was $100,000.

I am just curious because I now have another “24 hrs” to make my decision on whether or not to proceed.

Any recent knowledge you have of this company’s viability, good or bad, would be appreciated.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.

The 2005 postings on Paragon were so extensive I had not realized that my system had failed to save all of them as one article. I have now rectified that and you will find seven whole sections on Paragon discussion postings.

In answer to your questions… No! I have yet to hear of someone who has not been given his refund by Paragon when it was requested however, there’s only been one person in the forum that was forthright enough to explain that he had requested one – and he received his refund.

I have never been to their projects and this is how I explained it to Mr. Gale in the forum on the 24th May 2005…

—————————-

“As a professional, Wall Street trained investment advisor for the past 20 years, a big part of what I do professionally is evaluate various investments on behalf of my clients.

After establishing what it is my clients are trying to achieve, I do as much research as possible first, trying to establish the track record and experience of the fund managers (or real estate developers) and then, “if” something looks as though it’s worth investigating further -I will try to visit the people involved or, more often than not, they visit me.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results but it does tend to give you a good idea…

So far, I have still not seen anything that would encourage me to actually visit your projects.”

—————————

And eight months later, I still have not seen anything that would encourage me to visit…

It might be interesting to note that out of the 20 questions that were asked of Mr. Gale in the forum in that same email, after he took me to “task” (your words), Mr. Gale failed to answer every single one of them.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

frizby

I just found this forum tonight, and already I must respond.

About a year ago I had a phone solicitation, likely from a “Buy Costa Rica Type” website I had put my info into. The salesman was aggressive, “Northern-Style” accent/pitch. He wanted 25K up front yesterday, would fly us, keep us 3 nights…..all that. Didn’t do it.

Now, I love C.R. and we are looking, doing research on buying. We just returned from a fabulous visit and are going back in March.

Few months ago, I get a sales call from, seemingly, the same salesman, same name and area code from Florida. Now, he’s asking for up front money investment in the “Launderama” like a classy laundromat chain concept. Anything liquid I could send? I laughed out loud!

Maybe this fellow changed jobs? But if this is the same outfit selling land down there they have lost all credibility in my opinion.

abcdeat

I also just found this forum and feel compelled to urge you to read my recent posting. If you are going back in March do check a little further , would be happy to talk to you exchange email address or phone numbers. I also urge you to check on the real estate in the Arenal area. I just purchased a great property there and it would be worth your while to check that area. Regards Syd.

audears

I was so turned off by Paragon Properties! I have never seen such aggressive (read that annoying) marketing in my life! You have to jump through such hoops just to get information. My experience: I am in the research stages of relocating–not even sure if I will relocate permanently or just part time yet–so I requested information from their site, as I am getting as much info on as many things as I can so that I can make an informed decision. (So glad I found this website today–it’s great!!!!) First I get a phone call “to see if you are really interested, as it costs 50 dollars for every packet sent out”. Then they called the next day, and told me I had to call a local (Chicago area) buyer, and speak with her, and he also added that she would get something from them after I spoke with her. So I called, and called back the company as requested. The salesman said he’d send out the info. He called the next day asking for a second phone number, saying they needed two numbers…so I gave him my fax machine number. He couldn’t give me a good reason why he needed a second number, only that it was ‘required’. They called back again two days later, and asked if we had read the materials and were ready to move forward. We said we just got them and hadn’t had a chance to look at them yet. Actually waited 3 more days before calling again! (Maybe the weekend had something to do with it!)…If what they were selling was so fabulous, why all the pushiness?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Paragon Properties of Costa Rica April 2010

Please see: [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/Class_Action_Lawsuit_Filed_Against_Paragon_Properties_of_Costa_Rica_April_2010.cfm ]

Scott

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.