What ever happened to 1 Jaco (Sonesta)

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum What ever happened to 1 Jaco (Sonesta)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lotus123

It’s been a few years since my last trip to CR. Since moving to another tropical climate I have not had the same pressing feeling to escape (NYC) for the love and warmth that Costa Rica supplied. Though I do miss it, especially the surf and all around good vibe. Though just a short airplane ride away the birth of my third child 2.5 years ago has also contributed to our lack of pura vida time, fear of dengue. Not so much for us, but for her. Currently just a 1/2 mile from the ocean, so all good.

This was quite a project, builder seemed to have the best intentions. Last I heard the banks pulled financing? was it completed, is it occupied and how is it running?

On another note it seems the CR government has made it a bit unpleasant for foreign buyers looking to relocate. When I first went down about 15 years ago it was pretty laid back. Just stay out of trouble and you could live your life in paradise hassle free on the cheap.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I honestly don’t know all the details but ‘if’ I understand it correctly, the developer sued the bank because the bank reneged on the terms of the financing when the real estate market started turning around and then the bank sued the developer and then the bank sued the other banks involved…

A complete mess….

jreeves

They never finished the project. I know there were lawsuits against the developer, against the bank, & I haven’t heard of any resolution to it. The main office on the Costanera is totally overgrown & part of it has fallen apart/collapsed.

Jessica

Lotus123

That’s a shame. I remember seeing it basically completed and I think Sonesta actually signed on. Seems like a product of unfortunate timing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.