wedding cake

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum wedding cake

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alewis

My daughter is being married in CR in April. We have traveled to CR several times looking at venues. So many are beautiful we have had a hard time choosing. The fly in the ointment is the wedding cake. We have had cake tastings at more than l place and all of them have been dry, heavy and relatively tasteless. Does anyone out there know of a bakery anywhere in the country that can make an American style wedding cake. We need moist, light, and beautifully iced. We are willing to pay and we know it will cost to get the cake from wherever it is made to Jaco where the wedding will be. Any help and suggestions appreciated very much.

I can only think of the German Bakery in Liberia

http://www.panaleman.com/

costaricafinca
    Participant

Suggest you contact the Jaco and surrounding area hotels. Some must have a pastry chef. Los Suenos resort?
    Many ladies in the towns often provide wedding cakes.

[quote=”costaricafinca”]Suggest you contact the Jaco and surrounding area hotels. Some must have a pastry chef. Los Suenos resort?
    Many ladies in the towns often provide wedding cakes.[/quote]

Ticas are real artist when it gets to decorating cakes. Unfortunately in most cases the taste is not what the “picture” is promising.
    Here is a facebook page for beautiful cakes, but I would ask for samples before ordering anything:

http://www.facebook.com/nathaliacursosqueques

alewis

Thank you for the link to the German bakery. They say they can make American and any way we want it. They keep flours from all over the world. He even said I could send a recipe that I liked if I wanted. Thanks again. Amelia

[quote=”alewis”]Thank you for the link to the German bakery. They say they can make American and any way we want it. They keep flours from all over the world. He even said I could send a recipe that I liked if I wanted. Thanks again. Amelia[/quote]

You are welcome. Let us know how the cake turned out 😀

*Lotus

We were married near Jaco at Xandari (Pacific). I think one of the restaurants at Los Suenos baked our cake. I thought it was pretty good, I’ll see if I can get the info.

That said, the German bakery in Liberia is pretty awesome. They also have a truck that makes deliveries down the coast selling their baked goods.

Good luck with the wedding! (I bet some of the guests may be complaining about coming to CR. But after they experience it they will be so happy they made the trip!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.