Weather Pacific Coast

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Weather Pacific Coast

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sandalwood

After researching different weather pages it looks pretty wet. Is there talk about a veranillo this year? I was planning on visiting the Jaco/Manuel Antonio/Dominical area 7/22-7/31. I am traveling with my 14 yr. old (who is easily bored if not kept busy) and I would hate to be stuck in a hotel room with him all day long.

jafranz

A lot of the time the rain is in the afternoon and not all day. I don’t know about traveling with a 14 year old but for me (much older)
    any weather is great in CR.

Alfred

I can tell you from our visit to Jaco and Manuel Antonio last August, it did rain almost every day. Usually somewere between 4 & 6 pm. It only rained for about 20 minutes to an hour, tops. It rained some nights while we were sleeping, But the mornings were always gloriously sunny!
    The rains are refreshing and the Ticos make light of them, and seem to enjoy them. Never did rain interrupt any of our plans, and they should not be a problem for you.
    It is part of the experience of Costa Rica. And if you are at the beach enjoying the water anyway, why should a little rain from heaven ruin a beautiful vacation in paradise?

pweisel

Agreed. I go to Uvita every year and it rrainns in the llate afternoon. Occasionally you get a full rainy day, but not usually.

Alvaro

I live up here in Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste in the Gulf of Papagayo and is very dry and hot right now. It has only rained a few times but the veranillo is definitely here. This area is the hottest and driest of the country.

terrycook

Pweisel…Hi there, I am a single male 59 and am going to C.R. for 1/2 year. I have been able to book CHEAP rooms for all of my vacation but the area of Quepos to Plya Uvita. Do you or anyone else have suggestions. private room shared bath ok hostel or budget budget hotel cabinas etc
    thanks…leaving this Thursday the 12th so please reply soon or I will also be able to check my posts on the trip. I will be in that area August 16th through Sept 7th
    thanks one and all for the help
    Terry From Texas

swampbugs

I just got back from M.A./Quepos. There are two (definitely) and probably more hostels that advertise $8-$10 per night along the road between Quepos and M.A. Both of the ones I noticed looked pretty nice. Sorry I can’t remember the names, but there were vacancies at both, and everywhere else. You shouldn’t have much trouble finding one. One of the places was at the very top of the hill between the two towns, just down from the little supermarket.

terrycook

Swampbugs…thanks for the leads (sorta) I guess I will have to do my normal “wing it”// I agree that there must be something out there maybe spend one night in the more pricey places then go from there…Well here goes nothing.
    Terry From Texas

GreciaBound

Terry, Take a look at this place in Manuel Antonio, right on the beach. I know the owners and it is a great place for the dollar.

Javier Carvajal
    Hotel Verde Mar
    http://www.verdemar.com

terrycook

GreciaBound….thanks so much for the lead…unfortunately it is WAY above my budget. If you see my link you will know that I have been able to find almost every place for $5-15.00 per night. Not real great places but I do not want great I want simple local flavor with safe and clean as the only real factors. BUT thanks for the lead
    Terry From Texas

pweisel

Terry,
    I just sent you an email with some info, but then saw that it may be more than you want to spend. I think you are best to just show up. it’s off season and vacancies everywhere. You can go real cheap and camp at Dominical Beach Campround. Bea carefull with bed bugs on those super cheap places! Good luck!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.