Weather forecast

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Weather forecast

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    picton

I have the opportunity to spend August in the Nicoya Pen. Close to Potrero Would someone please tell me what the weather is like at that time of year. Is it like south Florida hot sunny till 3:00 them a good rain clearing in the evening but humid or something else?

picton

I guess nobody lives in or near Potrero at this time of year.

CHERYLJK

I tried researching it on the web. The only thing I came up with is Tamarindo weather. In Aug. the average temperature is 81 degrees. For the month of August Tamarindo averages 21 days of rain and 210 mm of rain. Compare that to January with an average of 7 days of rain and 4 mm. You can get a 10 day forecast for Potrero on the web, so I suggest you do this before you leave. My hubby and I travel to Tambor in the southern part of the Nicoya Peninsula. Our experience has been that it rains for maybe an hour or two and then stops. But then again, our friends who live in Tambor have experienced constant rain for days.

picton

Thank you,
    I’ve been trying to get a handle on what to expert. I lived in Vancouver BC which is like Seattle – raining or getting ready to rain and in Miami a good rain in the afternoon. Sounds like having a pouch might be a good thing.
    Again thank you.

Andrew
    Keymaster

The Costa Rica Meteorological [url=http://www.imn.ac.cr/IMN/MainAdmin.aspx?__EVENTTARGET=LinksInfoClimatica]website is here.[/url]

costaricafinca
    Participant

Expect thunder & lightening storms with or with very heavy rain at the same time, so be prepared to turn off the the power!

picton

Thanks guys this helps me in my preparations.

Doug Ward

[quote=”costaricafinca”]Expect thunder & lightening storms with or with very heavy rain at the same time, so be prepared to turn off the the power![/quote]
    Ice always turns mine off for me :?. It’s the only thing they seem capable of.:roll:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.