Weather by Siquirres

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Weather by Siquirres

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    koty

I was wondering if anyone has any input regarding what the weather is actually like near Siquirres. We are going to look at some property overlooking the ocean east of there. I know the Caribean side does not have the predictable dry and rainy seasons but what does this mean? Does it rain everyday, only in the afternoon, torrential rain frequently for long periods of time, mosquitos? Also, the property is at a higher elevation. Does this matter in terms of rain etc?

Thanks!

Koty

ssure

Hi Koty:

I don’t live in C.R. but my daughter lives in Parismina near Siquirres and I’ve been there to visit her several times. I speak with her on the phone often because her Costa Rican boyfriend and her are involved in putting together a business there so she usually give me a weather report. So I’m not an expert on the weather there but I have some input for you; In siquirres it’s hot because it’s off the coast. Parismina is right on the ocean and it gets pretty hot there too but not like Siquirres does. It does not rain every day but most days do have some cloudy periods or partly cloudy periods in the rainy season. Sometimes it rains for short periods of time (mostly at night it seems) but most days seem to be mostly sunny and very warm around that area. There are times, like last week, when it rains a lot for a few days and I was there once when it rained most of the time for about 3 days before the sun came back out. My guess is it gets a bit more rain than other area’s of C.R. I hope this helps a little bit.

As far as bugs go I get eaten alive when I’m in Parismina once the sun goes down. I imagine it’s the same in Siquirres so bring your bug spray. Funny though. My daughter, who’s been living there for most of the last year, like the Costa Ricans, seems less likely to get bit by them now. Must be something to do with diet.

Rick
    http://www.junglejessietours.com

koty

Thanks, that was a great explanation. Not too many talk about that part of the country. Can’t wait to go again!

Koty

philipbennie

I’m a geographer, have lived here for 12 years. Can you be more exact with the location and then I can give you a better idea of the climate. E of Siquirres overlooking the ocean doesn’t seem quite right if you are at elevation. What elevation?

Phil

koty

Its kind of south east of siquirres and by the maps it looks like it is on the ridge overlooking the ocean (sort of a topographical map detailing the terrain). It is supposedly about 1/2 hour to the ocean. I am sorry but I do not have the exact location/elevation. the website is http://www.gvecr.com. I thought I read somewhere the elevation was around 1600.

THANKS!

Koty

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.