Weather and rain

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Weather and rain

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    camby

hey, coming to CR in a few days and could only come this time of yr. Will in in the Playa Hermosa-Coco area, seeing most days are T-storms…is that the type that is a down pour for a few minutes-hour or steady?

watchdog

This is the rainy season in Costa Rica and October is traditionally the wettest month on the Pacific Coast and in the Central Valley. The usual weather pattern is sunny mornings, followed by wet afternoons and clearing again in the evening.

camby

[quote=”watchdog”]This is the rainy season in Costa Rica and October is traditionally the wettest month on the Pacific Coast and in the Central Valley. The usual weather pattern is sunny mornings, followed by wet afternoons and clearing again in the evening.[/quote]

I dont mind rain for awhile, it can get that way in S. Florida too and CR is I know tropical, just wanted to make sure if was no 24/7

Andrew
    Keymaster

If you visit the [url=http://www.imn.ac.cr/IMN/MainAdmin.aspx?__EVENTTARGET=LinksInfoClimatica]Instituto Meteorológico Nacional website here[/url] and click on which area you are interested in you’ll find some useful information.

For example for San José ….

As you can see, September is supposed to be the wettest month in this area but it has not – it has been unusually dry – so unless October and November are extraordinarily wet we’ll suffer next year with a lack of water and electricity.

Hope that helps ….

Scott

camby

We might a few days head more inland,aroudn Arenal or Central Valley..anyone know if there is a good park we can get out and walk around, but not a lot-the wife is not up to a lot of walking and hiking…

costaricafinca
    Participant

It has been/is very wet with thunderstorms around Playas de Coco and nearby beach communities for the past few days. And it is expected to continue. [i]It could be 24/7[/i] and has been many times in the past.
    Arenal could be quite wet, too. A friend was up in La Fortuna the other day, and had to purchase better windscreen wipers to drive home…
    Don’t expect/presume a return trip to Arenal from Playas del Coco, to be a day trip.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Still raining….

[url=http://www.amcostarica.com/morenews2.htm]Here is today’s article on the rain[/url] and [url=http://www.ticotimes.net/Current-Edition/News-Briefs/Heavy-rains-damage-houses-roads-in-Guanacaste_Thursday-October-18-2012]another[/url]

johnr

I too have been following this after we had a little flooding impacting access to the property – I read this in AM Costa Rica:

However, the meteorological institute reported less than half of an inch of rain on Wednesday and barely more than half of an inch Thursday in Santa Rosa, just west of Tamarindo. Some of the reporting stations in Guanacaste’s most heavily hit areas were out of service Thursday.

Now I’ve only been to Tamarindo a few times but isn’t west in the Pacific? I hope Santa Rosa isn’t the new Atlantas with all of the rain! 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.