Vision Therapy in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Vision Therapy in Costa Rica

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    OTTFOG

We are considering moving back to Costa Rica and would like to know if there is an Optometrist who specializes in Vision Therapy in Costa Rica. If we return, we will be in the San Jose area. Thanks! Jerry

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Jerry, please tell us a little more about “vision therapy”. It’s a new concept to me.

costaricafinca
    Participant

A friend went for ‘something similar’ in San Jose. She had been in an accident, years ago, and was trying this to help control her eyes/vision. She went everyday for a month or so, but it hasn’t done much for her.
    You would be better to contact a Optometrist or one of the private hospitals, such as Clinic Biblica, where Optometrists come from all over Costa Rica to use the facilities for Laser/Lasik surgery.

jdocop

post removed due to risk of offending forum members.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Thank you, John. I’d never heard of this before.

We use an excellent opthamologist who has offices in the professional building next to CIMA Hospital and also in downtown San Jose near Hospital Biblica. Dr. Paul Flikier does laser surgery, cataract surgery and routine eye care. If he does not do vision therapy, he’d be one who would know where to send you.

sueandchris

David: Can you advise on Dr. Flikier’s charges for a routine eye exam? Is this for glasses/contacts or both?

Thanks!

alexander69

Does anyone know how much lasik cost in CR? And who would you recommend? I’ll be getting that in the future. Thanks!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Sue, Dr. Flikier charges about c30,000 to c40,000 for a “pupils dialated” vision exam. You can usually get an appointment within a couple of weeks. Since I only wear conventional glasses, I’ve never inquired about an exam for contacts.

Alexander, Dr. Flikier also does laser surgery. Some Canadian friends brought their American friend here for him to do. It went so well that they had it done, too. And everyone went home happy. I think (think) he charges about $1,300US, but don’t hold me to that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.