Visa Run!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Visa Run!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vmc

Hey everybody…….We’re facing our first Visa Run later this month, and while we have open-end tickets to Nicaragua, I was kind of wondering if there is a good INEXPENSIVE alternative to/from San Jose….say, Panama, or whatever is good…

Does anyone have any recommendations for a less expensive trip for 4?

Pura Vida!

Dan.

Vmc

[b]AND/OR[/b] What does it take to extend your Visas and can you extend them for a shorter period, say a week or two, rather than 90 days?

The trip would be easier in light of the heavy initial bleeding we had to do when we got here, if we could just delay by about a week or two.

Any suggestions or flames available? LOL

Dan.

costaricafinca
    Participant

No, you cannot request a specific amount of days for the renew of your visa, and could be given 9 or 90 days.
    You must do this within the 90 days of your original/recent tourist visa. And you won’t find anything cheaper than a bus trip to either country, unless you have purchased a car. Be sure if you have your own vehicle that you have the proper permits to take it across the border. You do not need to stay out for 72 hours, just long enough to get a new visa stamp in your passport.

maravilla

you sure don’t want a shorter than 90 day visa, otherwise you will have to do this all over again. maybe you are closer to panama than nicaragua — i know there is a guy out of quepos that runs day trips across the panama border. i think i saw that info on costa rica living which is a yahoo group.

From what I have been reading before, only those who have a 30 day visa can apply for extension before the 30 days are over. Those who have a 90 day visa can not. Better check with Immigration or an attorney.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.