Visa for Tico to visit U.S. Declined

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Visa for Tico to visit U.S. Declined

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    alewis

We have a Tico friend whom we met while zip lining last summer. He showed us all around Manuel Antonio, etc. We liked him so much we issued an invitation for him to come visit us for a week in February. We have no ulterior motive, nor does he. We wrote a letter explaining the situation for him to take with him to his interview. He did take care of all the requirements and was still turned down.
    they didn’t even read the letter.

I suppose he would have been more acceptable to somebody with a turban on his head (apologies to anyone with a turban who takes offense.) Is there anything we can do to help him. It makes me so angry we have lived here (US) paid our taxes and never been in trouble and we request a visit from a friend and are denied.

Is there anything we can do from our end. He doesn’t want to live here, he just wants to visit. The interviewer said it was because he didn’t own property. This is crap. Any ideas anybody?

Andrew
    Keymaster

This is a very common complaint about the U.S. Embassy which we have heard many times and unless there is a compelling ‘commercial’ reason for him to visit the U.S. I doubt there’s anything you can do …

And I’m guessing that most turban wearers would be offended by your comment…

Scott

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”Scott”]

Scott[/quote]

I certainly am.

What connection exists between the U.S. Embassy’s denial of a visa to a Costa Rican and whether someone wears a turban? Please ecplain — in detail.

maravilla

i have a gringo friend who had a Tica girlfriend with extensive family and property in Costa Rica. he couldn’t get her a visa for the life of him. they tried three different times, each time costing a lot of money for this that and the other thing, and they still denied the request.

what the hell does someone wearing a turban have to do with this situation and why make such a gratuitous racist comment?

agarcia

[quote=”DavidCMurray”][quote=”Scott”]

Scott[/quote]

I certainly am.

What connection exists between the U.S. Embassy’s denial of a visa to a Costa Rican and whether someone wears a turban? Please ecplain — in detail.[/quote]
    Scott,
    It is interesting how your sensivity to racial comments was at a low point when you were quoting the jews as benefiting from and promoting wars. I’m glad to see you’ve become more enlightened. https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/cfmbb/messages.cfm?messageid=D734956E-24E8-5ED2-F17EF47510B7AF45#D734956E-24E8-5ED2-F17EF47510B7AF45

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”agarcia”]
    Scott,
    It is interesting how your sensivity to racial comments was at a low point when you were quoting the jews as benefiting from and promoting wars. I’m glad to see you’ve become more enlightened. https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/cfmbb/messages.cfm?messageid=D734956E-24E8-5ED2-F17EF47510B7AF45#D734956E-24E8-5ED2-F17EF47510B7AF45%5B/quote%5D

Uh-huh! So the bigotry you attribute to Scott, however justified it may be, justifies your own, right? And does the Klan’s hatred of African American people also justify your own? How about Asians? Women? The handicapped? There’s a hate group out there you can ally yourself with for virtually everyone. Lucky you!

maravilla

the comment we’re all in a snit about doesn’t even make any sense. sigh.

alewis

While I normally avoid the fray when fights break out on this blog I just couldn’t resist this time. The reference to turban wearers was related to the fact that this country coddles most people who come from countries where turbans are commonplace. I refer to Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. I haven’t forgotten the 9/11 high jackers nor the killing of all the Americans who have been sent to die in their defense. I don’t hold enemity with the Klan, anti-semetic folks or really any other group. But I cannot deny my prejudice against those persons who denounce the US then can’t wait to come here. It has long seemed to me the US should be far more careful in who they let in. But, I am exceedingly annoyed when a perfectly respectable person who has nothing but good feelings toward the US should be denied a one week stay here when all the other undesirables are not only let in but trained to attack us.

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”agarcia”][quote=”DavidCMurray”][quote=”Scott”]
    [/quote]
    Scott,
    It is interesting how your sensivity to racial comments was at a low point when you were quoting the jews as benefiting from and promoting wars. I’m glad to see you’ve become more enlightened. https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/cfmbb/messages.cfm?messageid=D734956E-24E8-5ED2-F17EF47510B7AF45#D734956E-24E8-5ED2-F17EF47510B7AF45%5B/quote%5D

You’re twisting my words agarcia:

I offered no personal opinion in that thread about the ‘jews as benefiting from and promoting wars,” what I did do was insert quotes from influential Jews who admitted to forcing “Christians into wars”…

One of the quotes was:

In 1869 at the funeral of Grand Rabbi Simeon Ben-Iudah, Rabbi Reichorn says that: “Thanks to the terrible power of our International Banks, we have forced the Christians into wars without number. Wars have a special value for Jews, since Christian massacre each other and make more room for us Jews. Wars are the Jew’s Harvest, the Jew banks grow fat on Christian wars. Over one hundred million Christians have been swept off the face of the earth by wars, and the end is not yet.

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”alewis”]While I normally avoid the fray when fights break out on this blog I just couldn’t resist this time. The reference to turban wearers was related to the fact that this country coddles most people who come from countries where turbans are commonplace. I refer to Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. I haven’t forgotten the 9/11 high jackers nor the killing of all the Americans who have been sent to die in their defense. I don’t hold enemity with the Klan, anti-semetic folks or really any other group. But I cannot deny my prejudice against those persons who denounce the US then can’t wait to come here. It has long seemed to me the US should be far more careful in who they let in. But, I am exceedingly annoyed when a perfectly respectable person who has nothing but good feelings toward the US should be denied a one week stay here when all the other undesirables are not only let in but trained to attack us.[/quote]

I’m guessing you missed this video alewis:

9/11 Hijackers Passports were issued by the CIA – US Consulate Whistleblower.

Mike Springman- The former head of the American visa bureau in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia blows the whistle on the 9/11 hijackers.

[ http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/events/newsnight/1645527.stm ]

But let’s not let little facts like that get in the way of our hatred of all peoples who wear turbans eh?

Scott

agarcia

[quote=”maravilla”]the comment we’re all in a snit about doesn’t even make any sense. sigh.[/quote]
    Why are you in a snit? Don’t be a twit Trisha.

agarcia

[quote=”Scott”][quote=”agarcia”][quote=”DavidCMurray”][quote=”Scott”]

Scott[/quote]

I certainly am.

What connection exists between the U.S. Embassy’s denial of a visa to a Costa Rican and whether someone wears a turban? Please ecplain — in detail.[/quote]
    Scott,

You’re twisting my words agarcia:

I offered no personal opinion in that thread about the ‘jews as benefiting from and promoting wars,” what I did do was insert quotes from influential Jews who admitted to forcing “Christians into wars”…

One of the quotes was:

In 1869 at the funeral of Grand Rabbi Simeon Ben-Iudah, Rabbi Reichorn says that: “Thanks to the terrible power of our International Banks, we have forced the Christians into wars without number. Wars have a special value for Jews, since Christian massacre each other and make more room for us Jews. Wars are the Jew’s Harvest, the Jew banks grow fat on Christian wars. Over one hundred million Christians have been swept off the face of the earth by wars, and the end is not yet.“[/quote]
    You quoted racist remarks with no added ‘personal opinion’ so does that mean that you agree or disagree with your posted statement?

agarcia

[quote=”DavidCMurray”][quote=”agarcia”]
    Scott,

Uh-huh! So the bigotry you attribute to Scott, however justified it may be, justifies your own, right? And does the Klan’s hatred of African American people also justify your own? How about Asians? Women? The handicapped? There’s a hate group out there you can ally yourself with for virtually everyone. Lucky you![/quote]
    David, where is the bigotry that you are attributing to myself? I am reminding Scott of his racist posting while he rightly defends another group.

alewis

Talk about a “tempest in a teapot”. OK, Ok, I had no idea the visas for those creeps was issued by the state dept. The truth is, one of my best friends is Pakistani, although they don’t normally wear turbans. I withdraw my turban comment and feel duly flogged. My own husband said I was out of line. But, I am fully p——off when a hard working, perfectly upstanding Tico can’t get a visa. He worked hard for the money to come, we would have sponsored him anyway we could have, including putting up money to be forfeited should he not return home. He didn’t even get the chance. The State dept is entirely too highhanded and those persons who handle visas could at least act respectful. Clearly they weren’t “raised right”. I was taught to be respectful whether I was going to be granted my request or not. It makes me feel ashamed of my own country for the behavior of one person. And again, to all you turban wearers out there I humbly apologize. Marcella was right, this topic really has nothing to do with what people put on their head and I should have shut up and thought before I typed but I am just so angry.

maravilla

i think the most enlightening aspect about your comment is the degree to which the propaganda spin machine against Muslims has worked in convincing people that they all want to blow us up, which is really not the case at all. i’m not even fully convinced that they WERE responsible for 9-11. and don’t try to figure out what goes through the minds of the visa nazis at the embassy. i know so many people here whose requests were denied and who wouldn’t want to live in the States for a million dollars, and they still couldn’t get permission to go to Disneyworld!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.