Vaccination to cross Nicaragua border?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Vaccination to cross Nicaragua border?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    VictoriaLST

I have had several reports of people being told they have no choice but to be vaccinated in order to cross into Nicaragua from CR. Since you have already exited CR, you can’t return without a stamp and to get it you have to be vaccinated.

No one will tell you what is in the vaccination, except that it is “to clean the blood”. It cannot be against the mosquito virus from Haiti as there is no vaccine against that yet.

So, what is going on????

CHERYLJK

A friend of mine went to Nicaragua on Monday, the 14th, and she didn’t need a vaccination. So, I don’t know what is going on as far as vaccinations are concerned.

costaricafinca
    Participant

I read ‘somewhere’ although can’t remember where, that it was for Measles (rubeola)…but also heard that it [i]may[/i] be Rubella (German measles) There is a [url=http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/tmp-pmv/notices-avis/notices-avis-eng.php?id=98]recent Global update [/url] for Measles.

My sister was left almost blind after contacting measles in England as a 2 year old. And a friend, the same age as my sister, was left with a similar vision problem, although she was living in France.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]I have had several reports of people being told they have no choice but to be vaccinated in order to cross into Nicaragua from CR. Since you have already exited CR, you can’t return without a stamp and to get it you have to be vaccinated.

No one will tell you what is in the vaccination, except that it is “to clean the blood”. It cannot be against the mosquito virus from Haiti as there is no vaccine against that yet.

So, what is going on????[/quote]

Just back from lunch with good friends that did the border run last Friday. No requirement for vaccination or even proof of “onward travel”. They had heard from friends that went earlier in the week that they needed a copy of their passport in addition to the original, and they had that but were not asked for it.

The folks that went last Friday were out of their car, checked out of CR and into Nic, went to duty free, back out of Nic and into CR and on their way home in less than an hour and a half.

You never know………….

VictoriaLST

On Tuesday of this week, a vaccination was required at Pinas Blancas, “to clean the blood”. No info on what it was actually for and no way to avoid getting it. Because vaccines are often produced using eggs, people with an egg allergy suffer from these vaccines. One teen broke out in a rash all over her body.

I am in favor of vaccination. But to require a vaccination without details (how produced, what is in the vaccine, how old is the vaccine, etc.) is way too heavy handed.

WHO and PAHO participated in a world-wide vaccination program but that ended on May 3.

So, what is going on here??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.