U.S. Govt SHUTDOWN

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum U.S. Govt SHUTDOWN

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    aguirrewar

has the shutdown (SD) affected any of you in CR???

I tried to log in the SSA but they are cloosed for business

then I tried the Veteran Affair, NOPE

everything now is in the digital world but with this SD we are left like in a desert and without water

WAY!!! to GO Congress

Andrew
    Keymaster

Truly pathetic isn’t it?

They supposedly don’t have the budget to operate but…

1. They have the time and the money to print up signs that say the federal government has shutdown and…

2. They have the money to pay security guards to prevent you from entering these areas…

[img]https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/images/Pathetic12.jpg[/img]

waggoner41

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”Scott”] There was a TV news report yesterday of one of those despicable Congressmen bullying a park ranger who was standing guard duty outside the World War II memorial. He demanded to know why she was keeping people out of the memorial and she said, “I’m just doing my job”. What she SHOULD have said was “I’m doing my job without pay and you’re NOT doing yours and still getting paid, what’s up with that you contemptible hypocrite?”[/quote]

The guy standing next to them let him have an earful. :lol::lol::lol:

VictoriaLST

“Lawyer” is one of the least trusted of all occupations.

So what do we do?

37% of our congressmen are lawyers; 57% of our senators are lawyers; our president is a lawyer.

How could things possibly go wrong in Washington?

randyrnelson

And if I am not mistaken two of those presidential lawyers with “law” degrees have been disbarred.

waggoner41

[quote=”randyrnelson”]And if I am not mistaken two of those presidential lawyers with “law” degrees have been disbarred.[/quote]

Who would that be?

waggoner41

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”waggoner41″]
    Who would that be?[/quote]

Nixon and Clinton. However by consensus opinion our most corrupt president was Warren Harding and he wasn’t a lawyer so it seems that the lawyer/non-lawyer classification is no indication of honesty or lack thereof.[/quote]

Clinton was never disbarred but did received a 5 year suspension of his license in Arkansas in April 2001 which ended in 2006 and as a result the Supreme Court suspended him for 5 years. I don’t think he ever asked for reinstatement.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.