trip advisor – 10 best beaches in Central America

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum trip advisor – 10 best beaches in Central America

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    costaricabill
    Participant

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Beaches-cTop-g291958

Trip Advisor announced their 10 best beaches in Central America as voted on by their subscribers, 8 of 10 were in Costa Rica, with Manuel Antonio #1 and Playa Samara #2!

Considering that Manuel Antonio gets about 1,000 times the visitors that Samara gets, I would expect that MA would get the nod, but I think it is great that our little Samara/Carrillo area ranks so high!

waggoner41

[quote=”costaricabill”]http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Beaches-cTop-g291958

Trip Advisor announced their 10 best beaches in Central America as voted on by their subscribers, 8 of 10 were in Costa Rica, with Manuel Antonio #1 and Playa Samara #2!

Considering that Manuel Antonio gets about 1,000 times the visitors that Samara gets, I would expect that MA would get the nod, but I think it is great that our little Samara/Carrillo area ranks so high![/quote]

It really isn’t surprising that Costa Rica would have so many pleasant beaches when you look at the long continental shelf along the Pacific coast of Costa RIca compared to the rest of Central America in combination with the climate.

costaricafinca
    Participant

[b]Costaricabill[/b], ‘your’ beach deserves this recognition!

bogino
    Participant

I, myself, like some of the Caribbean side beaches, i.e. Cahuita etc.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”waggoner41″]
    It really isn’t surprising that Costa Rica would have so many pleasant beaches when you look at the long continental shelf along the Pacific coast of Costa RIca compared to the rest of Central America in combination with the climate.[/quote]

I agree Les, but in this case we must be aware that the list was compiled by those thousands of TripAdvisor “members” that voted (and presumably visited) the various beaches of Central America – so I think we probably have to expand your definition of “climate”.

Most of Central America enjoys a similar “weather climate”, but it is pretty obvious that the “political climate” varies greatly from country to country, and in this regard it seems obvious that (in spite of all of the bitching and complaining that you read on this and other forums) Costa Rica has been and remains near the top of that part of the list as compared to other Central American countries, and hence, is an even more attractive destination for most of the travelers looking for a pleasant “climate”.

Then, if you add in the “personality and happiness climate” of the general population and especially those trained in the hospitality industry, it gets even better.

Many places have prettier water and just as attractive beaches – case in point, the Bahamas – but the attitude of the people has significantly impacted tourism adversely for many years.

The only place I have been where the sincere friendliness of general population is as nice and as accommodating as it is here in Costa Rica is Cuba. It is amazing how nice the Cuban people are after decades and decades of being taught to despise the USA and hate all “yankees”. In general, the average Cuban has much less than the poorest of Costa Ricans, but they are just as happy and just as nice!

johnr

[quote=”costaricafinca”][b]Costaricabill[/b], ‘your’ beach deserves this recognition![/quote]

Indeed!

We got good news last week – Coyote achieved Blue Flag status!

I love Samara.

😀

lvc1028

[quote=”costaricabill”]http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Beaches-cTop-g291958

Considering that Manuel Antonio gets about 1,000 times the visitors that Samara gets, I would expect that MA would get the nod, but I think it is great that our little Samara/Carrillo area ranks so high![/quote]

By far my favorite is Playa Preciosa in Puerto Jimenez, Osa. That is so incredibly beautiful, with Scarlet Macaws flying all around, big waves, and an empty, endless beach that looks like it’s at the end of the world. Breathtaking!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.