Traveling to CR to purchase land or house

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Traveling to CR to purchase land or house

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vivian

I am trying to gather as much info via the web and phone calls as possible about purcyhasing property and also avoid the scam artists.
    We plan on traveling there in June or July for a week and are looking on the Pacific Coast. Does anyone know the best way to go about this process. Should we contact a realtor in the states or in CR. We know a little about putting the house in a coropration. Help!!
    Vivian

lipskm

If you will be around Esterillos Oste please stop by new development call “Hills of Esterillos”. I personaly know ownwers Bob and jeff. Maybe it will be not very luxury but at least they are good people you can trust. You can send them email to get more information bob@costaricaltd.com. I have purchased lot with the house and I am looking forward to get it done.

By finding a US real estate agent, you are automatically asking for a US ecomnomy based mark-up / commission placed on your potential residence. On the other hand, by dealing with Cost Rican agents, you open yourself up to the possiblilty of language barriers and low income scam artists attempting to make a buck without an long-standing judicial system breathing down their necks. There is a solution however. I suggest buying through a US developer, who is already taking the risk for you and primarily interested in making their money back from building their residences, condos or resorts. Many of the developers / investors live in the US making communication simple but advertise via word of mouth; selling at wholesale rates to friends and family who then can turn a profit. I can recommend one off the top of my head who may actually visit CR during your time frame or meet with you stateside. His resort is currently being constructed in Cocoa, 3 miles from the Pacific coast. Email me at csimpson@primepower.com if you need more information.

rankingee

Dear Lipskm,

I sure would like to get some more info about your purchase in the “Hills” I just started to e-mail the folks down there on your advice and it sounds very nice. I still have a lot of questions though. Would it be possible to get your direct e-mail for some consult on this project? I was in Mal Pais a couple weeks ago but I think it is way overpriced and looking for more reasonable area and like the idea of a surf community with hopefully more than “20 somethings.”

thanks,

rich from lake arrowhead, ca (a “50 something” surfer)

thanks so much

lipskm

Sure. I would like to help as much as I can. My Lot is being prep for construction. I will ask Scott to forward my email to you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.